My boys have arrived!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by linz, Jul 7, 2009.

1. linz

linz Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share my birth story real quick...the boys were actually born on June 23rd but I don't get much computer time these days! I had a scheduled induction at 37 weeks. I arrived at 6 am, the nurse said I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced, and I started getting Pitocin around 7:20. The doctor came in and broke the water for Twin A around 9:00, and around 9:45 I received the epidural, which was more painful than I remembered it to be with my first child but still very bearable. At about 11:30 I told the nurse that I thought I felt pressure but I wasn't sure, so she checked me and said I was ready to deliver the babies! So she called the doctor to come over to the hospital, and we got wheeled into the OR. While the doctor was busy talking and setting up and getting monitors hooked back up to the babies, she looked down and said "Oh I see a head! Don't push!" Then she got ready and told me to gently push, and out came twin A at 11:58. She broke the water for Twin B, who moved right down into position, I gave 3 big pushes, and Twin B was born at 12:03. It was seriously so easy that my husband and I were laughing about it while I was giving birth. I know my birth story is not typical, but just wanted to share one that was in no way terrifying or scary. Bridger was 5 lb 9 oz and Knox was 5 lb 13 oz. Neither needed NICU time so we all went home two days later. That is when the real work began! :blink:

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats Momma!! I'm so glad things went so well for you! :hug: Welcome to the world Bridger and Knox. :wub: :wub:

3. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Great birth story! Amazing labor. I love their names. Post pictures when you can. And CONGRATS!!!

4. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

Congrats! :banana: I'm glad things went so smoothly for you during your labor and i bet your having all sorts of fun with your lil ones. Way to go!

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations on your boys!!

6. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Awesome birth story! Congrats!!!

Molly
    36 weeks + 1 day

7. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

What a great birth story!! LOVE their names, so glad it all went well! Take care momma!

8. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Great birthing story, thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see pictures!!

9. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! Sounds very similar to my story! They got me started at 6 am, and they were born 10.32 and 10.36 am ... 4 pushes for #A and 1 push for #B ... nothing like the first time!

10. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Wow what a wonderful birth story. Congrats!! Welcome to the world Bridger and Knox.

11. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your little boys!!!!! :wub: :wub:

12. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! :welcome: to First Year!

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on two adorable baby boys!

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! x