My boys have arrived

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by flygirlcdh, Jul 3, 2009.

1. flygirlcdh

flygirlcdh Well-Known Member

So I guess you can't be pregnant forever after all. Thank goodness!

On Saturday June 27 (38 weeks exactly) around 2 pm I noticed that I was having some slight cramping and since the doctor said if I had any pain to get to L&D asap I headed up there. I was 6 cm (up from a 4-5 cm on Thursday) so they admitted me and started the antibiotics (for GBS I believe it was called) at around 4:30. At 6:45 still not feeling anything but slight cramping they gave me an epideral. My contractions they said were about 2 minutes apart. When they gave me the cathiter right after my water broke. I asked what time they thought I would deliver and the doctor said I would be lucky to get my next dose of meds and the nurse said 10:17. They came to check me at 8 and I was fully dialated and +3 gestation. So they gave me my meds 30 minutes early and pushed them through really fast. We got to OR and was all ready by 810 but had to wait for doctor. Then at 820 when dr got there DH still hadn't made it there from work so we had to wait til 840 for him. Caleb Kole was born at 846 pm weighing 6 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long. The doctor then pulled Connor Trent out feet first at 852 pm weighing 7 lbs 2 oz and 19.5 inches long. Babies did great getting a 9 on their apgar. I then went to recovery and we were all doing fine.

But as I thought it couldn't all be so simple. When they had me get up to use the bathroom I had a PPH. Post partum hemmorage. I lost a lot of blood in the toilet and blacked out and threw up. I then blacked out again when they got me back to the bed. They gave me oxygen and massaged my uterus. I lost a lot of clots. They had to come back and massage it every hour throughout the night. This was the most painful experience of my life!!! I would have rather pushed out 6 more babies than to have gone through that. But luckily then next morning they got me up again and I did fine so they moved me to post partum.

We got to go home on Monday afternoon. Everyone is doing great. The nights are kinda hard. They sleep well during the day on their own but not at night. They want to be held and close to someone. So we are trying to work that out.

Thanx everyone for the support and advice. This website is great. Guess I am off to the first year forrum but will visit back soon.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=30506332&id=1047139170&ref=mf

2. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations Momma!! Welcome to the First year! :woo:

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your little boys! :yahoo:

So glad that you are OK! :hug:

5. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your boys!!

6. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

Ohhh they are gorgeous! Glad that everything worked out well for you in the end. Enjoy your new boys!

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats Momma!!! :hug:

8. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Congrats on your beautiful boys! Glad the PPH didn't last too long! Hope you feel better.

Molly
    35 weeks 4 days

9. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!!

Sorry about the PPH. :( That uterine massage is the worst.

10. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

:wub: your lil boys are adorable! That had to be a scary thing to go through after they were born, but i'm glad things turned out ok. Congrats momma, you did good! :woohoo:

11. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!!!

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow, glad everything turned out okay. :hug: Congrats on your boys!! :Clap:

13. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations on such beautiful boys. I am very glad that you are okay :hug:

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Congratulations! They are gorgeous x

15. Jenn79

Jenn79 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the arrival of your boys! Glad to hear DH was able to make it....mine wasn't so lucky. I am thinking it is a good thing we are done since my labors just keep getting shorter and shorter!

Take care and enjoy!

16. lisachalf

lisachalf Well-Known Member

Jeez! Scary about all the blood loss. Glad everyone is doing ok now. Beautiful family! Congratulations!

17. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations, they are sooooo cute. Thanks for sharing the pictures, I enjoyed them very much! ;)

18. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

Congrats and how great that you got to deliver both of them despite the breech position! That must of been scary to lose so much blood, it happened to my sister-in law when she had her daughter 2 weeks ago, and she ended up having emergency surgery and 2 blood transfusions. All is well that ends well, enjoy your boys and try and get some sleep in during the day. =) Way to go mom!

19. charityhope611

charityhope611 Well-Known Member

Congrats, you did a wonderful job Mama!! Did they know the second baby was breech? My dr's seem to want to do a csection unless both are head down. I would really rather have a vaginal birth, but want what is safest.

Congrats again!!

20. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

What fantastic news!!! Congratulations on the safe arrival of your boys!! Sorry to hear about the scare...but its great to know that you are all doing so well!!

21. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Those are some fantastic weights! Congratulations [​IMG].

22. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Congratulation!!! and sorry about PPH. and good weight :)

23. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations! :welcome: to First Year!