My boys do not like green beans

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Jenn G, May 5, 2008.

1. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

Dh was feeding the babies tonight and he gave them green beans mixed with cereal. They've only had green beans one other time and they were not fans, but they ate it- and kept it down. Tonight before I came home from work, dh was feeding them and got these pictures and posted them on his website... I don't think we'll be doing green beans anytime soon...

dh's website

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Our little guys HATED the green bean paste and we tried mushy cooked green beans as a finger food and got a similar reaction. Once they were old enough to have them lightly steamed, though, it was another story. They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the stir fried green beans at the Chinese restaurant that are crisp-tender and smothered in garlic so I tried just barely cooking them at home and they devoured their green beans. They also ate some raw out in the garden with me one day. I guess it's just the well-cooked texture they were objecting to. They were the same way about peas.

3. meliz812

meliz812 Well-Known Member

OMG, my DH and I were CRACKING up at those pictures! lol

4. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Those pics are so funny.

We were like that with carrots. We tried 15 times and they hated them. They would make themselves puke and all. We waited 2 months and now they love love love them!

5. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

Mine liked them but it may be that you used canned version that it tastes different than fresh/frozen and that they were boiled with pepper and not steamed. I don't know for sure, just some suggestions. Sometimes though it takes 10-15 times before they will eat a certain food. OH and you can try it without the cereal that may give a different taste and texture too. Again, not sure 100% just a thought.

6. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

Thank you, I needed a big laugh. Those pictures are soooo funny. It looks like they were fed... I don't know something really bad :lol:

My boys hated green beans as well. I only tried them a couple of times, but they just spit them out or closed their mouths so I couldn't feed them. Peas went over a little better.

7. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

QUOTE(idtwinstx @ May 5 2008, 10:00 PM) [snapback]757444[/snapback]
    Peas went over a little better.

Peas are next! Wish me luck! :)

8. swilhite

swilhite Well-Known Member

Those pictures are hysterical ... and gross!!!! :bad: My twins liked green beans, but don't care for peas. I don't blame them, though! I had made a bunch and froze them so sometimes I mix them with carrots or sweet potatoes and they will eat them. I figured it was the same as those mixed stage 2 jars.

Hope them grow to love the green veggies!!!!

9. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Thats hilarious!! Their faces are priceless!
    Maia recently started making the same face and gagging with carrots, she used to love them.
    I think they say its like 15-20x before they really like or dislike something. :pardon:

10. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]OMGosh ~ those pictures are priceless!!

My two don't care for green beans either ~ funny as I'm not a fan of the either :p

April :)
    [/SIZE]