My boys are here...nearly 8 weeks early!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ~Christine~, May 29, 2011.

1. ~Christine~

~Christine~ Well-Known Member

I was in the hospital again last week for PTL, and was supposed to be discharged on Thursday 5/26...instead, my boys decided they were coming early whether we liked it or not! At 32weeks, 4days, I went into labor at 1215am on Thursday, and since both were head down, planned on delivering vaginally. I labored until 5cm, received my epidural, and then by 7pm I was fully dilated and ready to push! I went into the OR and pushed for almost 2 hrs, before my doctor said that we would have to do c-section, because apparently I have a narrow pelvis! :( However, the csection went well! At 925pm Jeffrey John was born, weighing 4lbs 4oz, 17 3/4inches, and at 926pm Robert Wade was born weighing 4lbs 14.5oz, 17 3/4inches long as well! They scored 7,9 and 8,9 on their apgar scores, and needed no assistance breathing! They are in the NICU for growing/feeding, and thankfully my milk is coming in great!! :)

We found out on Friday that our boys were suffering from sudden onset TTTS, and the neo-natologist said they would have been taken out after my next ultrasound because of such weight gains in Bobby and lack of in Jeffrey. God sure was looking out for us!! I will post more pics later!
    http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247504_10150213018137945_618587944_7201934_7862602_s.jpg

2. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! Sounds like you guys had a bit more excitement than planned, but so glad that everyone is healthy and doing well. I am sure they'll be out of the NICU in no time at all. Enjoy those little ones and see you in the First Year!

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys! Hopefully they'll be able to go home soon

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your boys! Wow- 32 weekers at 4lbs?! WTG, Momma!

5. ward

ward Well-Known Member

congratulations. :hug:

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Sounds like those boys knew what they were doing when they decided to come out early!!

Congrats! :woohoo: I hope your NICU stay is short and uneventful!! :hug:

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations!! Please visit the NICU forum for any support you need during and after their stay!

8. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Congrats and glad to hear they are doing so well!!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BOYS!!!!!!! Wow what a miracle that they decided to come on out!!! I hope their NICU stay is short and they come home very soon!!!

10. casey38boost

casey38boost Member

Congrats on your boys! hope you get to bring them home soon!

11. lilybay

lilybay Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

12. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations on your boys!!