My baby is here 4 days earlier than scheduled

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ihavesevensons, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ihavesevensons

ihavesevensons Well-Known Member

Nicholas Paul decided to make his appearance 4 days earlier than scheduled!!!

I had been having contractions (big enough to not allow me to get into a deep sleep for 2 1/2 days (and nights...LOL) so I called the hospital to see if I could move my scheduled non-stress test from Tuesday a few days earlier to Sunday.......I explained why and they said to get to the hospital to get checked.

I drove myself to the hospital that is about 20 minutes away (hubby stayed home with the other 7 kids)...I decided that I should pack my bag before I left, and if it was going to be delivery day, hubby could bring it up when he came.

They did an internal check (since I had not had one in about 6 weeks) and I was still high and tight with no dilation and, after the nurses saw how big my contractions were and how often that I was having them (every 2 minutes) that they would call the doctor. My blood pressure was also high......they told me to call hubby that we were having the baby within the hour!!!!!! Hubby forgot my bag at home, and left the older kids to babysit the younger kids (older kids are 16 and 14). He made it just in time for the delivery.....whew!

Both the baby and I had issues shortly before birth, during birth, and me in recovery, so I had to stay in recovery (for what seemed like) FOREVER!!!!! In reality, he was born at 6:02pm and I got out of recovery at 9:45pm. When the baby and hubby left the OR, they got to do all of the firsts, bath, pics, footprints, etc. and then hubby came home and picked up the 7 boys and brought them up to the hospital for photos and to meet the new baby (I was still in recovery, so I missed all of this..boo hoo......) hubby then brought the kids home since it was a school night and they needed to get to bed. I got to see them all the next evening when they came to visit us. Thankfully the hospital does photos of the birth and after, so I will get to see all of them meeting in pictures (we will get the DVD of the photos in about a month).

The stats are Nicholas Paul was born on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 6:02pm. He was 7lbs 2.5 oz and was 21 inches long.

Thank you for reading my novel (this is the super short version)
    Sherri

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congrats Momma and welcome Nicholas Paul!! :Clap:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:clapping: That seems to be the story around here.. people going before they are scheduled!

Congratulations!! So happy for you! Great name!!!

4. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Welcome Nicholas Paul!

5. **Diane**

**Diane** Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

6. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Nicholas!! Congratulations momma! Enjoy this sweet new baby!

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! :Clap:

8. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

:birthday: Nicholas!! Congratulations, great weight!!

9. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

Congrats! And welcome Nicholas Paul!!

10. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

a huge congratulations!!

11. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Congrats on Nicholas Paul...love his name!!! I'm glad everything went well. How exciting! I can't wait to see pictures! Olivia came 4 days earlier than scheduled too..I think it's a trend! Enjoy your new addition!

12. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

13. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Congratulations on another healthy baby boy!!!!

Jen

14. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :birthday: SWEET BOY!!!

15. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Congratulations Sherri!!! (Will you change your screen name, to ihaveeightsons now? ;) )

Sorry you had some trouble, but glad you are doing well!!!

16. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your precious baby boy!

17. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm glad you are both doing well now.

18. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

Congrats!

19. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

Congrats!

20. BaaRamEwe

BaaRamEwe Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I sure hope I can follow the 4 days early crowd. Tath would mean todays the day.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

21. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm glad everyone is okay now.

22. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the birth of your little one! :Clap: