My baby boy is here!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by scrappycindy, Jul 8, 2012.

1. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

He was born Tuesday July 3 at 6:40am. Woke up about 3:30 with contractions and bleeding. Baby was doing fine according to the fetal monitors after we got the the hospital, but my Dr. decided to go ahead and do surgery since I was 38 wks exactly. When the anesthesiologist found out about my gestational thrombocytopenia (pregnancy induced low platelets) he was wanted to do general anesthesia rather than risk a puncture to the spinal column when I might have a bleeding issue. So, I was put under. That was really icky... but baby is here and I'm ok. That's most important. They brought him to me about 2 hours after birth... after I had a chance to wake up (that was pretty rough) and then he got a little cold after birth, so he had to be under the warmer. He was 7lb 8.6oz and 20 in long. He has lots of hair, and it's red like mine and the girls. The girls had peach fuzz for months, so him coming out with so much hair still amazes me. I stayed in the hospital until Friday afternoon... watching our platelet counts, and they ordered an IV and antibiotics for baby since he was having trouble keeping his temp up the first day. All the blood cultures came back negative for him, so it was just precautionary. It gave me a little more time to heal and snuggle him. He's breastfeeding well, which I'm so thankful for. After the twins, I was pretty nervous if I could. I'm sore... from the incision, and my nipples, but it's ok. I have a beautiful baby boy to show for it. I've not updated my blog yet... hopefully will get some photos up soon.

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your little boy! Sucks that they had to put you under general but glad everything worked out.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Aww! I'm on my iPod so I can't see- what's his name?

4. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Awww!! Congratulations!!! I'm sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted, that truly sucks :(. But I'm glad to hear you both are doing well. Hope you have a fast and easy recovery!!

5. marikaclare

marikaclare Well-Known Member

Congratulations! We loved having a full term baby...it was so great to bring the baby home with us! Hoping you are all adjusting to each other and how wonderful that he has red hair!!

6. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

Yeah for 38 weeks, Momma, and welcome little one!

7. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!

8. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

9. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

What great news! Congratulations!! Welcome to the world, John!! Wishing you a quick recovery!

10. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

We named him John David, and will call him by both names.