My babies were born 9/23!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by leahkatebrown, Sep 27, 2009.

1. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!! I went to the doctor last Tues for a regular check up and to address a concern with Baby A's fluid and flow. At the office, baby A looked perfectly normal so we were very relieved! Until we saw that my BP was high for the second straight visit and for the first time there was protein in my urine. The OB sent us to the hospital for overnight monitoring for preeclampsia and he was going to decide what to to based on the results. Well before we could even start that, my bloodwork came back totally insane to the point they induced me immediately! (Both babies had been head down earlier in the day.) I was very overwhelmed because we weren't expecting that...it all happened very fast. I got the epidural pretty quickly which is good, but I am still not convinced that it was placed right or something, because I felt waaaaaaay too much all night. My OB checked in at 8 the next morning and I was at 10 cm, so we wheeled off to the OR. I did not expect pushing to hurt so much, lol. But it was worth it since I was able to deliver both babies vaginally! Caroline Grace was born at 8:51, she weighed 5 lbs 7 oz (she had been estimated on u/s about a pound higher) and was 18.5" long. Caden Paul followed 45 minutes later and was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19.5" long. Both got perfect Apgar scores so I was pretty happy! (Although mostly at that point just soooo relieved to be done pushing!)

Ironically even though he was over a pound bigger, Caden had to spend a little time in the Special Care Nursery while Caroline hung out in our room. He was born with fluid in his lungs so later that day they sent him to spend some time in an oxygen tent. They also decided to start anti-biotics in case the fluid was due to some sort of infection, which it turned out it wasn't. He was out of the tent by that night though and much improved. They kept him in special care for another day though to finish out the course of anti-biotics simply as a precautionary thing. I had to stay in the hospital an extra day though b/c of my crazy blood pressure so it all worked out. Both babies came home with us and we are sooooo happy to be home!!!

I'll have to upload pictures later, but wanted to share the good news. Trust me, they are perfect and just beautiful! And to all you in the Expecting forum...trust me the end will come and it will be worth it. :) And I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better already!! Now just waiting for all this swelling to go down.

2. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!

3. Surrodoula

Surrodoula Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I'm so glad that both of them were able to come home with you!

4. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! Glad everyone is doing well!!!

5. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :yahoo: :babyflips: Love the names, cute! :babyflips:

6. fahrenheit79

fahrenheit79 Well-Known Member

Comgratulations on the birth of your twins. I am especially happy because they share my birthday. LOL. :bday:

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Congrats on your babies. :welcome: to the First Year.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:clapping: Congratulations Momma! Welcome to the world beautiful babies!

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :Clap:

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:clapping: and :cry: I'm so happy for you that I'm crying! WTG babies for giving mommy the birth she wanted! Glad you are feeling better and that the kids are doing great! :welcome: to the First Year! You're going to love it!

11. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congratulations!!

12. AmyH

AmyH Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

13. Daffodils

Daffodils Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!! That sounds like an awesome experience, despite the pain :)

14. damonsmummy

damonsmummy Well-Known Member

Congrats on your little ones and I am happy that they both got to go home with you!

15. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

:welcome: Congrats mom on your twin delivery it must be so nice to be home

16. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! :woo: