My 4-year-old Fashionisto

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

This isn't about my twins - but oh my gosh, my almost 5-year-old has transformed into a fashionisto. :laughing: He searches his closet looking for only *cool* clothes. He has to comb his hair in the morning before he comes downstairs. He has certain clothing items that are reserved for special occasions so he can look *really* cool.

Is it the age? Are your 4-year-olds into fashion, too? It's hilarious - and what a preview of the teen years, I guess.

2. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

I can't speak for my kids, but my nephew is turning 5 next month and asked his mom for hair gel so he could "do" his hair. He came to my girl's birthday party with it all done up.

3. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

My 4.5 YO is in to looking "beautiful." She is picking out her own clothes now, wants to wear makeup, and jewelry. It must be the age.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Glad Lennon isn't the only one! :) It is hilarious!! He got a tiny bit of spaghetti sauce on his shirt today and asked me if he could change shirts. Uh, no! We're not leaving the house - and if we changed shirts every time we got a little something on it - we'd be going through many, many shirts around here! :lol: