Mucinex while pregnant?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinzmom2b, Mar 7, 2008.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I have some horrible chest congestion. Statrted up yesterday, ran a low grade fever (and felt like death) last night...no fever today but cough is coming from really deep down inside. My head and even my ears are aching from coughing so deep/hard and not really producing much of anything. Not to mention this all happens while the baby is killling me by sticking her foot out my side, pouncing on my bladder or having a contraction. Gotta love it! I just feel miserable!

We have some Mucinex (just regular...not any special brand) and of course, it's got the "Consult dr. if b/f or pregnant." I'm assuming, since I'm full-term that it's probably ok to take a few tablets as long as I don't overdue it.

Anyone know?

2. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-over-the...ancy_1486462.bc

Ok, I think I found my own answer. I'm taking some right now! I hope to be able to get some sleep.

Why is it that my VERY last day of work (at a job that I don't like) gets ruined with a nasty snow storm (for those that don't know, we are in OH where they have a blizzard warning through 4 pm Saturday)...a 2+ hour drive home from work (normally a 35 minute drive), I'm sick, my girls both have colds...and my LAST baby-free weekend will be spent snowed in at home and not able to get out....most of the surrounding counties are on level 2 snow emergencies. I find this all quite ironic...I think I'm being punished!!!! LOL!!!! Just kidding!

3. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Oh Becky I am sorry. I just got over a cold, sounds just like the one you had. I didnt know if you could take musinex and kept forgetting to ask the dr to make sure. I am sure its not my last cold before our baby is born so Thanks for the info. I hope your able to somehow enjoy your last baby free weekend.

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon! :hug99: My dh is sick yet again. I hope he doesn't give it to the kids & me. (not likely)

5. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

Oh thanks for that link to the chart. DH has been sick for over a week and the kids just got it... it's only a matter of time before it hits me. Good to know we can take SOMETHING! :)

6. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

You just described me for the past WEEK! I have barely been able to get out of bed. I dont think it was a cold, but not sure what it was. Anyway, I have been on Amoxicillan and pharmacist said regular Mucinex is fine 2x's a day. Just not to use the Mucinex DM because you do NOT want that in the babys system when it is born.

Hope you feel better soon!!

7. KaseyS2104

KaseyS2104 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinzmom2b @ Mar 7 2008, 06:41 PM) [snapback]658490[/snapback]
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_chart-over-the...ancy_1486462.bc

Ok, I think I found my own answer. I'm taking some right now! I hope to be able to get some sleep.

Why is it that my VERY last day of work (at a job that I don't like) gets ruined with a nasty snow storm (for those that don't know, we are in OH where they have a blizzard warning through 4 pm Saturday)...a 2+ hour drive home from work (normally a 35 minute drive), I'm sick, my girls both have colds...and my LAST baby-free weekend will be spent snowed in at home and not able to get out....most of the surrounding counties are on level 2 snow emergencies. I find this all quite ironic...I think I'm being punished!!!! LOL!!!! Just kidding!

Thanks for the link. I feel EXACTLY the same way you described. Started yesterday.... I ache all over, and the cough actually hurts! I'm miserable. Went to the pharmacy and asked if I could take airborne- they said no. Just vitamin C. So, I took 1000 mg of vit. C and then later read that you shouldn't take mega-doses of vitamin C when pregnant (I of course freaked out a little). Today, I woke up, drank a little oj and within an hour, it all came out of my stomach during a coughing fit. Wonderful way to spend my Sunday... Thanks for sharing the link - I plan to take their advice for sure.

Hope you feel better!