moving an infant into a toddler room?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by nateandbrig, Apr 14, 2009.

1. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Okay so I'm having a bit of trouble trying to figure out where to keep the kiddo's. We have 2 rooms that we can use. One of them right now is the nursery--it has the twins cribs in them and all of their clothes, it's not a room they can play in unsupervised and doesn't have any toys in it. The other room is the playroom. It has a closet full of toys and the room JUST has toys in it. Since my youngest has been born (he's almost 2 months) he's been sleeping in a pnp bassinet thingy.
    What I was hoping to do was to move Ethan (my youngest) into the twins room and just squeeze in a 3rd crib. But I'm having trouble trying to figure out when to do this. Should I wait till Ethan can sttn? I really don't want to screw up the twins schedule since they are sleeping so well these days! I was hoping to do it around 4 months when we could really stick to a schedule.
    My other option is putting Ethan's crib in the playroom but it's the playroom and I really don't want the crib in there.
    Has anyone else had to do this? I could really use some "been-there-done-that" points of view! Or if anyone has any better ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    Thanks!

ETA -- not sure why this was moved here... it could have been moved to the first year or the triplets and large families maybe, that's why I posted it in Parents. Are there a lot of parents of 1-2 year olds that have a 2 month old baby sibling? Just wondering..

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

Brigette, I have not been in that situation, but I think I would wait until Ethan was STTN. I would hate to mess with the twins sleep! I wonder though, to get him used to sleeping in there, could you maybe put him in there for some of his naps? Maybe in a PNP?

3. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

I think I, too, would wait until he is sttn. I did when I added any of my babies in with another child, too. I think if you plan to move him in at 4 months or so, he should still transition pretty well. But you can do what Becky suggested, and try naps to help him adjust.

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I have been doing naps in there... The playroom and nursery share a wall, do you think I should put Ethan's bassinet in there at night, so they can get used to each others sounds, or is this just silly?
    Thanks for the advice, keep it coming :)

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(nateandbrig @ Apr 14 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1273411[/snapback]
    I have been doing naps in there... The playroom and nursery share a wall, do you think I should put Ethan's bassinet in there at night, so they can get used to each others sounds, or is this just silly?
    Thanks for the advice, keep it coming :)

Not silly at all. I would try it.

6. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I would definitely wait a few months - I would hate to disturb the twins' sleep. But best of luck when you go for it!