Mono/di vs. Di/di

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by christinam, Apr 24, 2012.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

My last set of twins were di/di. Besides bring just uncomfortable I had a great pregnancy. I was up walking around until I delivered at 37 weeks. I'm pregnant with mono/di this time. Does that changes things? Should I expect more restrictions? I'm praying for an uneventful pregnancy again!

2. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

Congrats on your pregnancy and it being twins! As far as I know they will watch you more closely as they share a placenta and ttts can occur. I hope you have no problems with your pregnancy!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You will most likely be monitored more closely, due to the risk of TTTS. Most OBs also tend to want mono-di twins born on the earlier side. My OB informed me that I would be induced at 36 weeks. I was gearing up for a "negotiation" on that point but my girls decided to come on their own at 34 weeks so it became moot. My OB also had stricter protocols around the actual birth for mono-di twins but she wasn't on call when I went into labour and the doc on call didn't feel the same which was good since it meant less "negotiating" on my part during labour.

A lot of stuff is care giver dependent, so it's worth asking how their protocols change & why.

4. christinam

Thank you. I need to start making a list of questions. My on told me at my annual that if I had twins again I would have a c/s. I gave birth to one vaginally and one c/s last time. I figured I was looking at 36 weeks.

5. christinam

My doctor called today and already scheduled me for another ultrasound right before my next appointment. They're looking for the membrane between the babies.

6. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

So they could actually be momo twins? GL for both the appt and u/s! Also, how many weeks are you?

7. christinam

Well, I've read a lot that when you have early u/s (mine my 6weeks) that it's extremely difficult to see a membrane between the twins. Hopefully with the next u/s with me being farther along and a better u/s machine they'll see it.

I'm thinking very positively that they'll be a membrane and I'll be mono/di. There are two yolk sacs. I've read it's very likely there will be two sacs then