Mondays!

Discussion in 'General' started by slr814, Sep 22, 2008.

1. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

School has been going really well so far. My DD enjoys doing it, and we have fun; except on Monday. She seems to forget everything she learned (ever) and is whinny and uncoroperative. Tuesday she's back to normal, but I'm starting to dread Monday, and am wondering what to do to help with the week day transition. Any ideas?

2. mel_michigan

mel_michigan Well-Known Member

I had this until we started doing a little work on Saturdays, after morning cartoons, since it's the only day they are allowed with school M-F. The girls have Sunday school that they attend and if not I just have them spend a few minutes with a workbook or maybe read science or social studies together on the couch for review. (My oldest seems to have trouble with mornings no matter what but I'm beginning to think it has to do with her ADD and her meds not kicking in yet. ) This seems to have helped with Monday morning meltdown at our house. People we meet always give me looks if the girls say something about how they have school on Saturdays or school all summer but this has really worked for us. They don't need as much review and we are able to focus more on specific topics as well as spend a lot more time outside the house with other learning activities. This last weekend we did art at the art studio that offers free classes one Sunday a month. The week before the kids went to "Pirate School" and learned about pirates and the parts of a ship. This week we are going to the hands on museum for free homeschooling day and next week they are doing Pioneer Days at the local museum with our homeschooling group.

3. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

After thinking about it, I think I am going to do reading on Sat. but nothing else. That's the one she has the hardest time with, and Sun. she has Sunday school and AWANNA's, so I think to do anything else would be over kill.

4. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Let us know if today went any better!

5. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

It went a lot better! Really a huge difference. Amazing what a day can do.