Molars?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JoannaD, Jul 28, 2011.

1. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

When did your twins get their molars? I've heard a little about first year molars, but not a lot. I have one twin who isn't sleeping at night at all and I'm wondering if its due to molars.

2. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

My girls started the process around 15 months or so and they have just all completely cut through at 18 months. The next molars come around age 2 and the eye teeth come in between.

In my experience the molars take FOREVER to cut through and as a result affect sleep and daytime fussiness for quite a while.

3. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Mine were early teethers. My DS got his first molars right around his first birthday and DD started about a month after him. He actually cut 8 teeth at once and they were all in by 15 months. He started cutting his 2 year molars around 22 months and they were in before he turned 2. His sister started around 23 months and just finished cutting the 4th now (25 months). Poor sleep could definitely be due to teeth. We gave Motrin at bedtime for months!

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

In my two the molars came right at 12 and 24 months with the eyeteeth somewhere in between.. and both times were miserable! See if a little motrin or tylenol helps with the sleeping. It can take quite a while for them to bust through the gums.

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We have all front teeth tops and bottoms. Each has 4 molars 2 on top and 2 on bottom now at 16 months. My kids are not fussy at all. But my boy starts waking up and screaming at night and nap time. I don't know if it's teething or reflux coming back or night terror. His Pedi puts him back on Zantac. It helps some though. So I have no idea.

Couple days before the molars popped, they were very needy and didn't want to eat anything. I don't give them any pain killer though. I think they are fine Wo it ;)

Btw of you brush their gums more often, it helps reducing the discomfort of teething.

6. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that some one elses babies didnt eat when they were getting mollars. My girls have not ate a good meal in about 5 days. They usually will go a couple meals with out eating good, but after the 2nd or 3rd meal they eat a huge meal. Not this time.

I jsut discovered yesterday two molars on the top just broke the skin and two on the bottom are about to break the skin, eh swollen gums on both of them! feel so bad!! tylenol and orajel(not that i think it helps) but cant hurt to try.

oh and my girls are 16 months today!