Mobile recommendation and stimulation question

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by littletwinmom, Feb 12, 2007.

1. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

My babies aren't even 2 weeks yet, but my son has his eyes open a lot just looking around, and we feel like we need to give him something to look at. They are currently sleeping in the co-sleeper. Any recommendations for a mobile that can attach to a co-sleeper, or are they too young for that?

Also, what kind of mobiles did you put on your cribs? I'm looking for brands/model names. The NICU nurse recommended a black and white one?

Last, of course my babies seem pretty satisfied just sleeping, eating and snuggling, but is there any activity or stimulation that should be started any time soon? I'm planning on asking my pedi appt Thursday.

Thanks,

Jennifer

2. littletwinmom

Hi Ladies,

My babies aren't even 2 weeks yet, but my son has his eyes open a lot just looking around, and we feel like we need to give him something to look at. They are currently sleeping in the co-sleeper. Any recommendations for a mobile that can attach to a co-sleeper, or are they too young for that?

Also, what kind of mobiles did you put on your cribs? I'm looking for brands/model names. The NICU nurse recommended a black and white one?

Last, of course my babies seem pretty satisfied just sleeping, eating and snuggling, but is there any activity or stimulation that should be started any time soon? I'm planning on asking my pedi appt Thursday.

Thanks,

Jennifer

3. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I bought a mobile from the site below when my boys were about 4 months because I was reading about black and white stimuation. The one I bought from this site is visually stimulating but does not play music or spin. I was not thinking when I ordered it. I thought it was neat because there were so many different cards you could put on the mobile for them to look at but they prefer the stars and moon one they have had since they were newborns. But check the site out because there are many mobile choices.

There are a lot of neat things at this site!
    http://www.geniusbabies.com/mobiles1.html

4. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

At almost 8 months mine still love this mobile and they also have this one. Tiny Love has a great multiples offer. You can request a multiples registration online and once registered you get every product buy one get one free.

As far a stimulation, at this age faces are the most stimulating, so keep snuggling and smiling at those babies!

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Mine had the moble that matched their crib bedding, I think they liked the music more than anything. At their age, they pretty much should be eating, sleeping, and pooping. They really don't need any "extra" stim. They are pretty happy to just hang out!

6. NYCmom

NYCmom Well-Known Member

We also have Tiny Love mobiles (they make a black, white and red one, too, although we don't have that one) -- our kids absolutely love them.

A warning, though -- the Tiny Love mobiles have a lot going on (different parts move and spin), and our kids find them stimulating rather than soothing so they don't make sense for before naps or bedtime. However, the mobile is built only to be attached to crib slats. We ended up constructing a base for it out of a cardboard box and some weights so that they could watch it in our family room.

Kim

7. littletwinmom

Oh wow! Thanks for the Tiny Love tip..that is awesome! I never realized how expensive these mobiles are...so now it's ok!

Jennifer [​IMG]