Miracle blankets

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MomofNickandSuzy, Jan 3, 2009.

1. MomofNickandSuzy

MomofNickandSuzy Active Member

I'm a new twin mom......my b/g twins are 5 weeks old (born at 33 weeks).

I've read several times on TS and people mention the miracle blanket. Are they worth it? I've checked online and they seem expensive.
    I've noticed that Target sells a miracle blanket. Are they the same thing?

My boy twin is very fussy so I'm hoping this will help???

Thanks!

2. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

Can't help you with the miracle blanket, but I use the Swaddleme's from Babies R Us. I think they work great and they are only $9.99 which is much cheaper than the miracle blanket.

3. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

YES, YES, YES!!! They are amazing...my LOs could still break out of the Swaddle Me. We rarely had a baby make it out of a Miracle Blanket which was very important as mine could only sleep when swaddled.

I bought mine used from a TS member...look on the shopping and auction forum! Or maybe craigslist, eBay, etc.

Good luck!

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

YES!!!!!!!!

I would have gone nuts without mine. They slept so much better after we started using them. They are totally worth the money. We used them until 6 months. I did have two Boppy swaddle blankets that we started using for nap time eventually, but they never worked as well as the Miracle Blankets.

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

It does work! If you are looking to save $$, Target may have them online (or in stores), check eBay and Craigslist too. GL!

6. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

There's a used one (washed, never used) on ebay now for $6.50 with one day to go. I sold all of mine on ebay a couple of months ago and remember seeing others on there, so that is a good place to buy them. I liked them a lot!

7. kimpo76

kimpo76 Member

Totally worth it if you have a baby that can break out of a regular swaddle.

8. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

We received two for a shower gift and quickly decided they each needed two (they were spitters ;) ) We also got a good deal on two used ones on Ebay. Even full price, they would have been worth every penny.

9. MomofNickandSuzy

MomofNickandSuzy Active Member

Thanks for the responses. I had a target gift card so I ordered two from target online. If I need additional ones I'll check eBay...didn't think about that. I can always resell them after I'm done :)

I can't wait for them to arrive!!!

10. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

Also, fyi, the manufacturer does have a multiples discount available if you buy two or more at once. Last time I checked their website, they were actually cheaper that way buying from www.miracleblanket.com than from Target or Amazon, thanks to the discount. (Not a huge savings but still ...)

11. kjmiller12

kjmiller12 New Member

YES! They absolutely work. I could never keep my guys in the swaddle-mes, they would scream and bust out, So we switched and they slept very contentedly in the Miracle Blankets. I ordered from Amazon.

12. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The miracle blankets were lifesavers for us. Worth every penny. I had 4 and we used them so much they have holes in them now.

13. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

Miracle blankets were wonderful for us!!

14. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I loved the Miracle Blankets because I found them much easier to use than swaddling with regular blankets. However, they didn't really cause a "miracle" improvement in my girls' sleep or fussiness levels. Most babies are especially fussy around 6 weeks (adjusted, if they were early) and then it gradually gets better, and then gets dramatically better around 3-4 months. The MB was helpful for us in swaddling them tightly and keeping them swaddled, which helped get them to sleep. But it's not like they started sleeping through the night as soon as we started using it. I still think they are worth having.

15. jranae

jranae Active Member

Yes, used them and loved them, twins are too big for them now, if you would like to have mine, I would be happy to send them to you, just e-mail me at [email protected]