Miracle Blanket

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jec34e, Sep 5, 2008.

1. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

My DD escapes the Miracle Blanket every night, no matter how tight we wrap her. If she doesn't escape she sleeps through the night but for the last week or so, every morning at 4:30 am she is crying. I go in and get her and she has both arms and sometimes legs out and she looks like she swimming with her little arms wriggling around. (frustrating but still so incredibly cute!) I typically just re-wrap her and she goes back to sleep. but I don't know what else to do. I thought the Miracle Blanket was not escapable. And I'm so worried not swaddling her will make STTN extinct.

2. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

two words - Snug-&-tug it's for babies up to 22 lbs I think and it's unescapable for my girls (usually :) with two velco straps it's wonderful. A little pricey but worth it for us... G. Luck

http://www.snugandtug.com/

3. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

My daughter does exactly the same thing - and usually during the 4:00 hour too. (And she wakes my son up in the process!) She wiggles and lifts her butt so she can pull her arms out. Guess they're smarter than we think! I don't even put her legs in anymore, because she's too tall and it's too constraining. I usually just put one in to make sure the blanket doesn't end up creeping over her face as she scoots and struggles with it during the night. I know she wants her freedom, but everytime we try, she just can't stay sleeping without it. So it's a constant struggle. I have found it's a little tougher for her to get long sleeves out of it (as opposed to a short sleeve onesie like she's usually in). If you figure out a way to keep it on, let me know! Between the two of them I'm up at least 5 times a night. It would be nice to cut that in half!

4. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

I just ordered the Snug & Tug. We'll see how it works.

5. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jennstwins @ Sep 5 2008, 10:16 AM) [snapback]964795[/snapback]
    I just ordered the Snug & Tug. We'll see how it works.

definately do the first velcro, we skipped it and just tucked the strap but they managed to get arms free. One thing, we tied off the bottom of the body sac part with a hair tie because it was kind of long and occassionally it would come up over thier faces if they wiggled a lot, DH is a safey freak so he almost didn't let us use them b/c of it but I solved it by shortening the sac part so they can't get inside it as much...

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I used an ace bandage around the miracle blanket - worked great!

7. jec34e

jec34e Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Nancy C @ Sep 5 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]965411[/snapback]
    I used an ace bandage around the miracle blanket - worked great!

Oh thats interesting i might try that.