Miracle Blanket VS Halo Sleep Sak Swaddler?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Jillianstwins, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Jillianstwins

Jillianstwins Well-Known Member

Hi, this is a spin off to my original swaddling blanket post from today......

So now after research AND the fact that my husband is out right now and wants to purchase new/better swaddling blankets....we need some recommendations on these blankets.

Maeve and William are both over 15lbs and busting out of their Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe.....darn velcro!!!!! :angry:

After much research and a suggestion to try the Halo Sleep Sak Swaddler (that BRU has) by a previous poster on my other post.....I am torn between which one to get!

Anyone using either one? Which is better and which is good for bigger babies? We are getting good stretches of sleep, from 6pm until around 3:30 am.....when one of them pulls a hoodini and busts out!

Thanks for your input! xojillian

2. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Mine were active, alert little houdini's from day 1. My babies DID NOT SLEEP until we discovered the miracle blankets. I literally thought we were not going to make for the first few weeks (turns out they had reflux) and then we found the miracle blanket and MIRACULOUSLY they began to nap and to sleep for longer periods at night.

MIRACLE BLANKET!!!!!

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't tried the Halo Sleep Sak, but I do have the Miracle Blanket and let tell ya- it lives up to it's name!! Worth every single penny. We wouldn't sleep without them. LOVE THEM!

4. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

Miracle blanket all the way! Definitely better than the sleep sak swaddle. I have them both, but the babies can definitely not get out of the miracle blanket. My son gets out of his sleep sac swaddle all the time (we only use it if he pees on his miracle blanket)

5. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

Miracle blankets were the only things my beebs didn't break out of.

6. vikkimathews

vikkimathews Well-Known Member

we LOVE the miracle blanket at our house. Though they only get swaddled occasionally for naps when they can't settle themselves -- they STILL can't break out (at almost 8 months and 22 lbs!!) I recomend them highly!!!

7. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I have the sleep sack swaddle and LOVE it! But, the only one I have ever found is newborn size. Do they have them in larger sizes?? I have heard great things about the miracle blanket though.

8. thecaseytwins

thecaseytwins Active Member

I have used both the Swaddle Me and Halo. My boys can bust out of both of them. I broke down and purchased one Miracle Blanket. (discount code mama12 for $5 off) This is the first night we are using it, but I have to tell you my little guy didn't even grunt around after we put it on him. I'm not sure if it feels better since the arms can't make their way up the sides and he has even pressure all around his body. I'm going to see how the night goes, but I think I need to purchase another one.

9. alexafaeh

alexafaeh Well-Known Member

totally MIRACLE BLANKETS!!!!

our babies sleep in them since we got back from hospital, all naps and night, they are 8 and 9 lbs now and still don't get out of it.

question for the moms using them: how did you make transition to sleep without it? ours babies won't sleep unless swaddled. they are like turtles on their back unswaddled and won't calm down..I know though sooner or later, we'll have to make a transition. also, it gets quite warm here now in southern california, so the swaddles will be too warm in the coming months.....

I guess I make a new post with my question as well...

thanks!
    alexa

10. Jillianstwins

Jillianstwins Well-Known Member

Very COOL, we swaddled Maeve and Will up tonight in their new Miracle Blankets and so far so good. They go down at 6pm and here it is 11pm and no fussing, no noise, nothing!

We were getting up at least once or twice to reswaddle in the SwaddleMe's......we are also on night 3 of starting to STTN. So I am hoping this helps us stretch their sleep longer than 5:30am. We will see!

Oh, previous poster....yes those Halo swaddles with the wings, they do come in a size Medium on the BRU website for babies 6 months and older, with a weight limit listed, etc. on the website. Although I phoned 3 different BRU's and they didnt have them yet. So ordering them is the way to go if you are interested in them.

So far, the Miracle Blankets is amazing and I can see why it works for sure.

Will update you all tomorrow morning about how our night went. Thanks for your input and recommendations! Much appreciated :)

xojillian

11. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

I can't say enough about the miracle blankets. A true miracle saw it with my own eyes. Wouldn't sleep until we got them.

12. Shellstwins

Shellstwins Member

The Miracle Blanket is just that, a miracle!! I am thinking about buying a couple more because my kids sleep great swaddled up in it. It has been a life (sleep) saver!

13. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

We used the miracle blanket which worked great. One of my girls did start breaking out at about 2.5 months but I wasn't wrapping it as tight as I probably should have and she was just discovering wanting to stick her hands in her mouth. This along with the fact I was worried about her getting too warm at night I stopped swaddling and moved to the Halo Sleep Sacks.