Messy diapers....yuck

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Dianna, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Ok so they boys were very predictable..one messy diaper a day and at about the same time....now some days we are up to three and no clue when it will happen. Is this normal when adding new solids? The consistency is fine, so for sure not diarrhea...but my god..the smell...today was the first time I really had a hard time with the smell. Is it b/c of the food? I really should know off all of this but I have such a hard time remember what things were like with my girls when they were babies..it was soooooo long ago.

Dianna

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

The smell definitely changed when we had started solids. The more they ate, the worse it became. That's so nice to only have one messy diaper a day! Mine have had up to three or four each. They have more than one poopy diaper each day. It's been like this since birth!

3. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

I know when they are teething everything goes to heck!!! Hope things get better soon!

4. Flutterbymama

Flutterbymama Well-Known Member

Since introducing real food (not just cereal) the diapers are so bad. Sometimes I think I can see the fumes radiating off the backs of them as they crawl by. It's horrendous. It's got to be the food. I think it gets even worse when you start adding meats.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Our pediatrician told us that diapers would get extra stinky with adding solids and she was right. Mine have 2-3 poop, stinky diapers per day. I guess what is lucky for me is that my allergies are so bad, my nose is constantly stuffed and I cannot smell a thing! Usually I know when DH is like, "Ewww...some one stinks!" I'm not looking forward to the diapers once we add meat!

6. 3greysandamutt

3greysandamutt Well-Known Member

It seems like, when we try a new food, I can tell what it was by the smell in the diapers the next day! Last night, we tried sweet potatoes for the first time, and today, Ben had two messy dipes before noon, and both were orange and smelled like sweet potatoes! :huh:

7. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I was going to post something similar. Jake was a every 2-3 day pooper. Now they both poop at least 3 times a day. :eek:
    Just tonight Josh pooped and within an hour he did it again. We put them down for the night and DH smelled something and sure enough Jake pooped.....again.

Now my problem is Josh has found his penis :lol: So as soon as the diaper is removed, his hand goes right down there (you can tell he's a boy :ibiggrin:) I tried to give him a rattle, but that lil stinker (no pun intended) will hold it in one hand and grab his penis with the other.

I too have heard about meat and I'm not looking forward to it. :nea:

8. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

For us things got "yucky" when solids entered into their diets. Some days it is just terrible!

9. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:
    since they were born i'd put my shirt over my nose when i changed their poopies! dh breathes thru his nose when he changes them lol
    and my girls tend to like to poop during nap time, which ends up cutting naptime short <_<