Merrick and Marlee

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Pitbullzz, May 3, 2009.

1. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

This of couse would be for a girl and a boy. They are going to try and see if they can determine the sexes before I head off to Iraq in June. She will be about 17 weeks along.

So...we might have to pick either another girls or anothers boys name, but for now...it is...

Merrick Kingston
    Marlee Raeden

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

LOVE the names!!

Are the middle names family names?

Are you guys brainstorming 2 more names so you have it all set before you go?

3. Pitbullzz

QUOTE(tamaras @ May 3 2009, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1298885[/snapback]
    LOVE the names!!

Are the middle names family names?

Are you guys brainstorming 2 more names so you have it all set before you go?

Marlee is a spin off of Bob Marley...and a name that we both have always liked.

Kingston just went well with Merrick and Bob Marley was born in Kingston.

No...we know if it is another girl, or another boy...they will have a name that starts with "M". Hopefully we will find out before I leave, then brainstrom on some from there

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I love the names too!

5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I understand the bob marley reference but the poor girl is going to get the marley and me reference. Kids her age will more likely know about the dog movie than the real marley.

I love merrick but on a girl (blame Anne rice) with the nn merri.

6. Pitbullzz

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ May 5 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1301949[/snapback]
    I understand the bob marley reference but the poor girl is going to get the marley and me reference. Kids her age will more likely know about the dog movie than the real marley.

I love merrick but on a girl (blame Anne rice) with the nn merri.

Yeah...we had to come to a compromise. She wanted Maddox for a boy, but first thing that came to mind is Angelina Jolie's kid and Greg Maddoz the MLB Pitcher.

Well, unless they keep making sequels to the movie or book, should be long forgotten by the time she reaches that age. I can barly remeber some of the kid movies from 5 years ago.

7. Pitbullzz

That's the thing that is hard about naming kids...most all names you can associate with something, somehow...someway.

8. TwinxesMom

Just something you might want to think about. Im a film buff so i think of these things. My current fav m girl name is Marien(pronouced mare-in). Boy wise Malachi is not used much but still main stream

9. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I like you choices!

If its two boys additional M names I like are: Martin, Mateo or Mateus, Marcel or Marcelo, Marcus, Marvin (going with a singer theme, this would be for Marvin Gaye).

If it is two girls additional M names I like are: Marina, Marcela, Melody, Mondana, and Melissa ;)

10. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

Very cute & totally original!

11. TwinxesMom

On people forgetting pop culture references: my name is tabatha and I still get bewitched remarks all the time

12. Pitbullzz

QUOTE(Meximeli @ May 8 2009, 10:13 AM) [snapback]1305642[/snapback]
    I like you choices!

If its two boys additional M names I like are: Martin, Mateo or Mateus, Marcel or Marcelo, Marcus, Marvin (going with a singer theme, this would be for Marvin Gaye).

If it is two girls additional M names I like are: Marina, Marcela, Melody, Mondana, and Melissa ;)

Thanks...yeah...we find out Friday if we can keep the names "as is" or if we have to pick another boy or girl name.

13. mholmes07

mholmes07 Well-Known Member

I have to agree, the first thing I thought of was Marley and Me movie and I like Maddox better that Merrick.

14. Pitbullzz

QUOTE(Michelle07 @ Jun 24 2009, 09:11 AM) [snapback]1366548[/snapback]
    I have to agree, the first thing I thought of was Marley and Me movie and I like Maddox better that Merrick.

Yeah...it's the whole association thing that can go round and round, but never end.

I didn't even associate it with the movie due to the spelling, but I did associate Maddox with Angelina Jolie and the MLB Pitcher...

Just like someone can like a certain girls name but it could remind me of one of my ex's...ha

We compromised, so it all worked out. We will see if we have to make any changes come Friday

15. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Very cute names. I love Marlee, and didnt think about Marley and Me at all when I read your picks. You can always change her spelling up and do Marleigh, that way its even more different from Marley. I like Merrick, and know a Merrick, he is a cutie. Good luck at your upcoming U/S

16. Pitbullzz

QUOTE(Slipper @ Jun 25 2009, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1368443[/snapback]
    Very cute names. I love Marlee, and didnt think about Marley and Me at all when I read your picks. You can always change her spelling up and do Marleigh, that way its even more different from Marley. I like Merrick, and know a Merrick, he is a cutie. Good luck at your upcoming U/S

Thanks...I'm so nervous...hope they aren't shy. I wanna know!

Yeah...that was another way we were looking at spelling the name. We kind of just threw the 2 names we both agreed on that we liked...then when we know for sure what the sexes are, we can tweak them as need be.

If we have 2 boys, I swear I wanna throw "Thor" in there someone. Might be a hard sell to he, but I'm gonna try...ha

17. Pitbullzz

Woo Hoo...JUST got off the phone with DW...One of each!!!!!!

I still might try to sneak Thor in as a middle name...lol

18. Pitbullzz

FINAL DECISION...

It's for sure a boy and girl. She wanted the first name to be spelled Marleigh...so we went with that. I would have preferred Marlee, so in turn...I got to change Merrick's Middle name to THOR...

Now...we are both pleased. Nice not to have to debate or argue about names.

That was easy...