Meltdowns

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Jul 6, 2013.

Has anyone else carrying twins experienced an emotional meltdown? I am 18 weeks and VERY emotional! I feel like sometimes I have never cried so hard in my life!! I just need reassurance!
    Thanks ;-)

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Yep! Totally normal!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Totally normal. I remember once my husband made me laugh and all of a sudden I was sobbing and didn't know why.

3. Thank you so much for making me feel normal ;-) xoxo

4. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

Yeah you have a lot of hormones in you! It's fine.

5. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

My husband ate a snickers bar I was saving for dessert once. I cried like someone died and he STILL, 5 years later mentions how he will never eat something without checking with me.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes. I cried often while pregnant with my boys. You are totally normal.

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I didn't have it so much with my twins, but definitely with my singleton. I remember sitting on the kitchen floor crying because one of the twins spilled a cup of water on the kitchen table. My husband thought I had cut myself or something! I also may be the only person who cried during that Bridesmaids movie, and not from laughing. I'm already feeling it with this pregnancy as well, can't wait! :D

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I agree - sounds normal. I found it was also worse with my singleton (second pregnancy) than with my twins. For me, it tended to express as irrational anger more than sadness though.

That being said, if you find yourself feeling that way persistently it can't hurt to mention it to your doc as some women can develop antenatal depression.

9. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I cry a lot. I'm over it. I'm over this pregnancy.

10. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Aw, I just want to hug you! Pregnancy had me all kinds of wacky emotional. I don't know what my excuse is these days, but... ;) Hang in there!