***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Jan 13, 2009.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Susannah as this week' Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

Hi, my name is Susannah. I am 26, have a wonderful husband, and a precocious 5 year old daughter, who keeps me on my toes, and I am now expecting boy girl twins! Our twins were conceived with clomid and IUI, so no twins run in my family. This whole experience has been new to all of us, which is why it is so great to have these forums. This is also my first pregnancy, since my daughter is adopted, but everything has gone really well, and I am now 36 weeks! I can't wait for these babies to come.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Susannah!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you been unable to/not wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

3. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any real food cravings, except for anything sweet. I have a big sweet tooth normally, but sweets have never tasted so good!
    I had food aversions to EVERYTHING during my first trimester; I literally lived on Ensure and yogurt, but now I'm able to eat just about anything. Maybe that's why I've gained 50 lbs. <_<

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

AWww congrats on the b/g twins!! Our twins are from gonal-f and IUI! :D

What does your daughter think of the twins coming?

Have you got names picked out yet?

What was dh's reaction? And yours??

:wub:

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi!!! and CONGRATULATIONS on your twins!!!!

Is your nursery ready? and what "theme" or colors did you use?

Is your daughter excited about the babies?

Do you plan on breast or bottle feeding?

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Susannah & congrats on your b/g twins! We also did Clomid/IUI :good:

What are some fun things you & your family enjoy doing?

7. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Danibell @ Jan 13 2009, 11:07 PM) [snapback]1146205[/snapback]
    AWww congrats on the b/g twins!! Our twins are from gonal-f and IUI! :D

What does your daughter think of the twins coming?

Have you got names picked out yet?

What was dh's reaction? And yours??

:wub:

My daughter is ecstatic about having twins. It's funny because she's talked about wanting twins since she knew we were trying to have a baby. I would tell her, " No, no sweety, we're having one baby." and make jokes about how we couldn't take care of two babies at the same time. It turned out she was right all along!

I do have names picked out. Samuel Louis and Abriel Gioia.

My DH was very non pulsed when we found out it was twins. All the nurses at the fertility clinic lined up to see his reaction when I told him, and when he was just like,"Oh, twins." They said, your suppose to scream or something!

8. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Jan 14 2009, 07:02 AM) [snapback]1146423[/snapback]
    Hi!!! and CONGRATULATIONS on your twins!!!!

Is your nursery ready? and what "theme" or colors did you use?

Is your daughter excited about the babies?

Do you plan on breast or bottle feeding?

Our nursery is finished! We finally got it done about a week ago. (My goal had been to have it all done by the end of my second trimester. Ha!) I have the room painted bright green, with a white wainscoting, and I have little red and white mushrooms painted above the wainscoting.

My DD is very excited about the babies. I think she wants them to come just about as much as I do. I wonder if she'll still feel that way a couple of weeks after they are born. She's been an only child a long time.

I am planing on breast feeding. I am so glad there is a breast feeding forum here. I really like reading the other women's success stories ; it makes me think, I can do it! Even if it isn't easy at first.

9. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Jan 14 2009, 10:01 AM) [snapback]1146594[/snapback]
    Hi Susannah & congrats on your b/g twins! We also did Clomid/IUI :good:

What are some fun things you & your family enjoy doing?

We like doing outside stuff. Camping, taking walks, and stuff like that. We have a pool, so playing in the water is a lot of what we do in the summer. Most of the stuff we do, we can incorporate babies into pretty easily, which is good.