***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Oct 12, 2008.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Joanna as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Joanna and I am 33 years old - almost 16 weeks pregnant with di/di twins. I have been having a rough time bc there is a potential problem with baby b.
    I have been married to my high shcool sweetheart for the last 10+ years and have a wonderful 5 year old daughter Kelsey Mae -
    I live in NY and am a full time executive for a Healthcare Management Company.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Joanna! :wavey:

What does your 5 year old think about having twin siblings?

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna!!

Do you have any guesses to the sexes of your Twins?

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins? DH's?

What are you most excited about? Scared for?

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna!!
    What are some fun things that you enjoy doing (hobbies etc.) & what do you & DH do for fun?

5. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Oct 12 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]1023565[/snapback]
    Hi Joanna! :wavey:
    What does your 5 year old think about having twin siblings?

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

We have told my 5 year old that I am expecting but have not yet told her that it is twins bc of the problems we have been experiencing. However I have asked her how she felt about it and she said "Oh boy, I would have to get right to work... :p "

I have not had any cravings really other than cheese - but then again I loved that before, now I just get to eat more.....

I miss having the energy to run around with my DD as much as I used to - I also don't have much of a libido (sp?) so DH is missing out some too.... <_<

6. Joanna416

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Oct 12 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]1023569[/snapback]
    Hi Joanna!!

Do you have any guesses to the sexes of your Twins?

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins? DH's?

What are you most excited about? Scared for?

My gut tells me it's a boy and a girl but I think that may be more bc my grandmother had fraternal di/di and that is what she had. I'm quite a girly Mom so I think adjucting to a boy will be a fun challenge.
    Actually, I found out about the twins at my Nuchal Scan and the poor tech had to repeat herself like 5 times - it was pretty funny. My DH was at work so when I called to tell him he didn't believe me (I like to kid around a lot) but I told him I had proof.... :rotflmbo:
    I am excited for my daughter to have siblings and to be honest, after this pregnancy even before we knew it was twins we had decided it was the last, now we get 2 for the price of 1....
    I am very afraid about the actual birth and how it will affect my ability to work after they are here. I am the bread winner in the family so I am hoping my employer and I can work something out...

7. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Joanna416 @ Oct 12 2008, 07:05 PM) [snapback]1023655[/snapback]
    We have told my 5 year old that I am expecting but have not yet told her that it is twins bc of the problems we have been experiencing. However I have asked her how she felt about it and she said "Oh boy, I would have to get right to work... :p "

OMG that is too cute!!! :laughing:

8. Joanna416

QUOTE(tamaras @ Oct 12 2008, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1023630[/snapback]
    Hi Joanna!!
    What are some fun things that you enjoy doing (hobbies etc.) & what do you & DH do for fun?

We live a pretty hectic life so we actually look forward to those evenings that we can all get in jammies and watch a fun movie together in our bed. My DD just thinks there is nothing better than that!
    When I need some "me" time, I like to put on headphones and just listen to some of my favorite music - I am able to kind of get lost in my thoughts and concentrate on me a little.....

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi Joanna!!

even though you do not know the sexes yet, do you have any names picked?

Do you plan on breast feeding or bottle feeding or both?

Baby things have changed SO much over the past few years Have you seen any thing baby lately and thought "I want one of those!"

10. Joanna416

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Oct 13 2008, 07:34 AM) [snapback]1023874[/snapback]
    Hi Joanna!!

even though you do not know the sexes yet, do you have any names picked?

Do you plan on breast feeding or bottle feeding or both?

Baby things have changed SO much over the past few years Have you seen any thing baby lately and thought "I want one of those!"

We are a bit all over with names - my DH lost his brother at a young age so if it is a boy we would like to use the name Scott, but likely as a middle. I lost my Dad unexpectedly not to long ago and was also looking at using my maiden name in there somewhere (Wallis) but I'm just not sure yet. For a girl I love the names Emerson and Charlotte but DH is not sold on them. I'd like the names to match my daughter, Kelsey Mae, and to be of Irish decent so we are still working on them...

I will bottle feed - I did so with my DD and that worked out well for me. I am not against breastfeeding, it's just not really for me.

OMG yes, the snap and go was not around when I had my DD or I didn't know about it - so I will def be getting one of those.

11. nana2three

nana2three Well-Known Member

12. Joanna416

QUOTE(nana2three @ Oct 13 2008, 10:58 AM) [snapback]1024122[/snapback]
    QUOTE(summerfun @ Oct 12 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1023563[/snapback]

Let's welcome Joanna as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:
    My name is Joanna and I am 33 years old - almost 16 weeks pregnant with di/di twins. I have been having a rough time bc there is a potential problem with baby b.
    I have been married to my high shcool sweetheart for the last 10+ years and have a wonderful 5 year old daughter Kelsey Mae -
    I live in NY and am a full time executive for a Healthcare Management Company.

Hi Joanna......what does your mom think about having twin grandchildren? Does your family live close, and are they able to help you? Good luck with your pregnancy, you will be in my prayers! Nana

My family and I are SUPER close and my Mom is very involved. She is nervous for me right now bc of all we are dealing with so I think she has been a bit cautious about getting excited just yet. My sister and I have a 2 family house so she and her family live upstairs from me and my Mom lives in the same town on the south shore of Long Island. My Aunt actually lives across the street from me as well - I know def NOT the typical family set up, especially in NY but it just worked out this way.
    I have been so incredibly lucky having a close family that I have always had lots of help and I'm sure it will continue. I love them all dearly and we all do for each other, which is just great!

13. Joanna416

Just for those that have been in and out - wanted to give an update. I got my amnio results back today and both babies look great - A is a girl and B is a boy. I am so relieved....

14. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

My gut tells me it's a boy and a girl but I think that may be more bc my grandmother had fraternal di/di and that is what she had. I'm quite a girly Mom so I think adjucting to a boy will be a fun challenge.

Now that you know you will be having a boy... what is some of the challenges you worry about?

15. Joanna416

QUOTE(hardinfamtwins @ Oct 14 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1026210[/snapback]
    Now that you know you will be having a boy... what is some of the challenges you worry about?

You know what's funny - I'm not really sure - I guess bc I am so used to a girl I am worried I just won't know what to do with a boy.....