***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Aug 24, 2008.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Mina as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Mina, i am almost 30 weeks preg with fraternal twins (a boy and a girl) i have an 8 year old boy. I am married for 11 years. a

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Mina!!

What does your 8 y/o think about the twins coming?

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins?

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Mina! :wavey:

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Mina!!!

Do you have names picked out for your little ones?

5. Mommy2BofTwins

Mommy2BofTwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Aug 24 2008, 09:00 PM) [snapback]945517[/snapback]
    Hi Mina!!

What does your 8 y/o think about the twins coming?

What was your reaction when you found out you were having twins?

Hi,

My 8 yr old son is very excited and he says why he has to wait so many months before the twins are born, he wanted them to be born as soon as he found out.

My reaction was very pleasently surprised, but when i told my hubby, he was shocked with no reaction at all, he was just numb, i guess that is how men react to things. heehhe

6. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(summerfun @ Aug 24 2008, 09:00 PM) [snapback]945518[/snapback]
    Hi Mina! :wavey:
    What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy?

Hi :D

I really haven't been craving anything, but when i do see something on tv i feel like having that but it goes away after few mins or so, when i realise i have to get up n make it, since i am on bedrest :)

Hot Dog and deli subs i have been craving since i can't have it, i read it in some articles and magazines and sites that deli meats and hot dogs are not well prepared so avoid them they have bacteria and i have been avoiding them. other than that have been flexible about food :)

7. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

That is great that your 8y/o was so excited about the twins!!

Do you have a nursery theme picked out?

What are you most excited/scared about with twins?

8. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(tamaras @ Aug 24 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]945682[/snapback]
    Hi Mina!!!

Do you have names picked out for your little ones?

Hi, :banana:

I have few names picked out but my favorite is Shubh (which means Lucky) for boy and Saisha (which means goddess ) for the girl. I am from india and in my husband's family picks out the name from letter that has been given by the priest.

It is lil complicated stuff :unsure: but the priest picks out the letter according to astrology, in which they calculate the date and time and Where the child has been born.

9. tamaras

QUOTE(Mommy2BofTwins @ Aug 24 2008, 09:56 PM) [snapback]945881[/snapback]
    Hi, :banana:

I have few names picked out but my favorite is Shubh (which means Lucky) for boy and Saisha (which means goddess ) for the girl. I am from india and in my husband's family picks out the name from letter that has been given by the priest.

It is lil complicated stuff :unsure: but the priest picks out the letter according to astrology, in which they calculate the date and time and Where the child has been born.

That sounds like a very cool and interesting tradition and those names are adorable!! :)

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi Mina!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the babies!!!!

Does your dr plan on letting you deliver vaginally or do you have a c-section planned?

Do you have family in India? Has your 8 yr old been and do you have any trips planned to take all 3 kids?

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:wavey: Mina!!

What do you and your husband do for date nights?

What do you guys enjoy doing as a family?

QUOTE(Mommy2BofTwins @ Aug 25 2008, 12:56 AM) [snapback]945881[/snapback]

Wow, that is very cool. It sounds very interesting and I think it will give your kids even more special meaning. :wub:

How long have you been in the US? Or were you born here?

12. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Aug 25 2008, 12:50 AM) [snapback]945876[/snapback]
    That is great that your 8y/o was so excited about the twins!!

Do you have a nursery theme picked out?

What are you most excited/scared about with twins?

Hi,

no not really i haven't picked out a theme because i live in a 3 bedroom townhouse, my son takes up one room and we hv a masterbedroom and the 3rd i haven't started decorating because my mother will be over for the c-section for couple of months and then maybe my MIL might come over, so i want my mom to be comfortable, since she will be helping me with the twins :)

The most i am scared about is the breastfeeing :unsure:, with my son i had lot of trouble upto 7 months i nursed him but i did that with only 1 breast at a time for a week then got infection and blisters bleeding, basically was miserable, so i am just worried what will happen this time, trying to be positive and preparing. The most i am excited about is the twins, double the fun, double the play, i always wanted the twins and now my wish came true :)

QUOTE(tamaras @ Aug 25 2008, 01:20 AM) [snapback]945891[/snapback]
    That sounds like a very cool and interesting tradition and those names are adorable!! :)

Thank you so much for appreciating the tradition :)

13. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Aug 25 2008, 07:52 AM) [snapback]946013[/snapback]
    Hi Mina!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the babies!!!!

Does your dr plan on letting you deliver vaginally or do you have a c-section planned?

Do you have family in India? Has your 8 yr old been and do you have any trips planned to take all 3 kids?

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much. My doc is not giving me an option for vaginal delivery, My planned C-Section is on oct 7th because when my son was born i was in labor 22 hrs with him and didn't dilate more than 3cm, so they decided to do c-section, and i am also happy about the decision :)

I do have lot of family in India, except my parents all mine and my husband's family is in India. My son has been to India about 4 times already and yes i do plan to take all 3 kids back home but not so soon may be when they are about 2 years old. I just visited India in December so i do have time :) We try to go every 2 to 3 years, lets see when we plan out next trip.

14. tamaras

QUOTE(Mommy2BofTwins @ Aug 25 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]946424[/snapback]
    Hi Heather,

Thank you so much. My doc is not giving me an option for vaginal delivery, My planned C-Section is on oct 7th because when my son was born i was in labor 22 hrs with him and didn't dilate more than 3cm, so they decided to do c-section, and i am also happy about the decision :)

I do have lot of family in India, except my parents all mine and my husband's family is in India. My son has been to India about 4 times already and yes i do plan to take all 3 kids back home but not so soon may be when they are about 2 years old. I just visited India in December so i do have time :) We try to go every 2 to 3 years, lets see when we plan out next trip.

That is great your mother will be at your house after the babies come home - the extra help will be wonderful.

My DH's birthday is October 7th!! It's a great birth date :)

15. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Aug 25 2008, 10:36 AM) [snapback]946259[/snapback]
    :wavey: Mina!!
    What do you and your husband do for date nights?

What do you guys enjoy doing as a family?
    Wow, that is very cool. It sounds very interesting and I think it will give your kids even more special meaning. :wub:

How long have you been in the US? Or were you born here?

Hi Liz,

Well we really haven't had any date nights :unsure:, My DH doesn't like to leave our son with a babysitter, we kinda feel weird about it, i really don't know why because sometimes i feel we need a break but i think after i have the twins i will make some time to spend with each other, and i sometimes really envy people who can go and leave kids with babysitter but i did try once i couldn't even concentrate on dinner i kept calling the babysitter every 1/2 hr so just kinda gave up the idea, i was more concerned about my son :)

We usually go to movies together or bowling, i have some friends who have kids same age so we try to have a potluck once a month at each of our friends house so the kids get play and we get to have adult conversations.

yea i like unique names with meanings it really makes kids feel very special like my son's name is Veeral means Precious and he sure is.

I have been in Us since i was about 6 years old when i came to USA, i was born in India but i do feel home here i don't think i can ever go back home and live there for good, especially since my MIL is there lols :winking:

16. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(tamaras @ Aug 25 2008, 12:23 PM) [snapback]946445[/snapback]
    That is great your mother will be at your house after the babies come home - the extra help will be wonderful.

My DH's birthday is October 7th!! It's a great birth date :)

Yea sweetie, I told my mom to come over coz otherwise my MIL would hv been here for the delivery, so i rather hv my mom this time, last time when my son was born my MIL came, now i can't stand her, i don't want more stress then i already will have. and its tougher i think this time around since its twins this time, i can b a ***** :blush: and my mom won't mind, can't do that with my MIL :rolleyes:

I love it :woohoo: because My ann is on :drinks: oct 11th, my bday is on :birthday: oct 19th my son's bday is on :birthday: oct 27th and my twins will be born on oct 7th :) October is a great month for us my DH is the only one born in april everything else is in oct, i feel great :banana:

17. Dominique

Dominique Well-Known Member

Wow! October is a full month for you! Congrats!

Do you incorporate any other Indian traditions into your parenting? How does your son feel about getting to travel around the world? :)

18. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(Dominique @ Aug 25 2008, 05:42 PM) [snapback]946996[/snapback]
    Wow! October is a full month for you! Congrats!

Do you incorporate any other Indian traditions into your parenting? How does your son feel about getting to travel around the world? :)

Hi Dominique,

yea October is really busy for us, even some of our main festivals also come in October so its great :)

Yea i do i teach him our traditions, tell him about his roots, where he comes from, I feel he should know where he comes from and who we are along with American views and values also. Since i grew up here its important for me to teach him both, being an American and and Indian.

He loves to travel with us, we have been to India 4 times since he is born, last year we went to Aruba for vacation and 2 years before that we went to Puerto Rico so its great to travel the world.

19. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Hi Mina!

Congrats on your twins and to your son for being a big brother!

Are u scared of having two newborns?

Does ur son want to help out when the babies are born?

I too am expecting boy girl twins, it is so exciting!

Why and how long have you been on bedrest?

20. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(Korey @ Aug 25 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]947487[/snapback]
    Hi Mina!

Congrats on your twins and to your son for being a big brother!

Are u scared of having two newborns?

Does ur son want to help out when the babies are born?

I too am expecting boy girl twins, it is so exciting!

Why and how long have you been on bedrest?

Hi Kristy,

How are you doing? First of all let me congratulate you on your twins. I am little nervous about having 2 newborns and dealing with both babies at same time but more than that i am more scared and worried about breastfeeding, since had lot of trouble with my son, which i have mentioned in previous post :)

My son loves to help me out and i am sure he will help me with the twins also because he is very excited for them to arrive soon. He wants to attend the sibling class and has been bugging me to register him for sibling class. Since i have hard time bending down and also i am on bed rest, so he helps me a lot around the house since is summer vacation.

I am on bed rest since week 20, which was due to pelvic stress fracture due to twins, then i got sciatic nerve pain along with severe back pain which i had to go for physical therapy and then went for acupressure. now i am on my 31 week and my c-section is Oct 7th so i am on the countdown for weeks :)

21. jmantia84

jmantia84 Well-Known Member

Hi Mina!

Have you taught your son to speak in your native language, and if so, are you planning to do the same with your twins?

I have a friend from Jordan, who is married to an American woman, and I think it's the coolest thing that they teach their daughter to speak in Arabic as well as English.

[​IMG]

Congratulations on being soooooo close, you lucky duck!!

Jessie

22. melissa1

melissa1 Well-Known Member

What do you do to occupy your time while on bed-rest?

Did you have a baby shower already?

23. newjersey_mom

newjersey_mom Well-Known Member

Hi Mina! Welcome and congrats on your twins!

I know you said in previous posts you had trouble breastfeeding your son...are you planninng on using formula with the twins? If so do you have a specific brand in mind?

24. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(myeggoispreggowithtwo @ Aug 25 2008, 11:59 PM) [snapback]947545[/snapback]
    Hi Mina!

Have you taught your son to speak in your native language, and if so, are you planning to do the same with your twins?

I have a friend from Jordan, who is married to an American woman, and I think it's the coolest thing that they teach their daughter to speak in Arabic as well as English.

[​IMG]

Congratulations on being soooooo close, you lucky duck!!

Jessie

Hi Jessie,

First of all i am sorry for replying late, I didn't even see there was a 2nd page and second Yes i have taught my son our native language, actually India has more than 26 different languages depending on state and within these 26 languages different dialect. So my son does know the most used language through out India and also my own state language. He knows both languages and he is also learning the dance of our native state and India.

I also plan to do the same with the twins because I feel its very important for a child to know where he is coming from and person should never forget their roots. Since I was born in India and came to USA when I was 5 years old my kids are the 1st generation in the U.S. so i feel if I feel the responsibility to teach my kids in hope of kids can teaching their own kids.. i guess i am blabbering on too much.. lols

Congratulations to you also, i got on bedrest when i was 16 weeks and hope for you a healthy and a happy twin pregnancy :)

Take Care,
    Mina

25. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(firsttimetwinzymommy @ Aug 26 2008, 02:49 AM) [snapback]947646[/snapback]
    What do you do to occupy your time while on bed-rest?

Did you have a baby shower already?

Hi First time twinz mommy,

Internet is my best friend since i got on bedrest also i have started watching more tv, got more channels in my native language from India all this pretty much keeps me busy, my sis was here for 2 months so was busy with her also. Then my mom flew from Las Vegas for my surprise baby shower just 2 weeks ago, my mom's 2 sisters flew from Canada and Uk. it was a great surprise shower, i loved it.

Thanks for your lovely Question,
    Mina

26. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(Kerry Culvert @ Aug 29 2008, 01:57 PM) [snapback]953587[/snapback]
    Hi Mina! Welcome and congrats on your twins!

I know you said in previous posts you had trouble breastfeeding your son...are you planninng on using formula with the twins? If so do you have a specific brand in mind?

Hi Kerry,

First of all thank you and congrats to you also on the twins :), yes i did have lot of trouble with breastfeeding but i have heard that not every child latches the way your previous one did, and i came to find out that my son didn't know how to latch on right and i also didn't know how to feed him so there was lot of problems but i do have very high hopes on these twins to workout. I have done lots of reading than last time and also i got pillows for under the breast for feeding and the mistakes i made before i won't make for sure this time like staying stressed out and stuff like that, plus my MIL was with me when my son was born. But this is for sure that worse comes to worse if i can not breastfeed i will pump for sure. I have decided that i will pump along with breastfeeding god help me.

I do not want to give formula because breast milk is very good for babies and last time around i had lot of milk which was wasted, I leaked till my son was 2 years old and he had stopped nursing when he was 7 months and also i guess it will help in budget which ofcourse i can not count on that if the milk is not enough.

27. jmantia84

jmantia84 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Mommy2BofTwins @ Aug 29 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]953632[/snapback]
    Hi Jessie,

First of all i am sorry for replying late, I didn't even see there was a 2nd page and second Yes i have taught my son our native language, actually India has more than 26 different languages depending on state and within these 26 languages different dialect. So my son does know the most used language through out India and also my own state language. He knows both languages and he is also learning the dance of our native state and India.

I also plan to do the same with the twins because I feel its very important for a child to know where he is coming from and person should never forget their roots. Since I was born in India and came to USA when I was 5 years old my kids are the 1st generation in the U.S. so i feel if I feel the responsibility to teach my kids in hope of kids can teaching their own kids.. i guess i am blabbering on too much.. lols

Congratulations to you also, i got on bedrest when i was 16 weeks and hope for you a healthy and a happy twin pregnancy :)

Take Care,
    Mina

I think that's incredibly cool for kids to learn their heritage...my family is Sicilian, and I wish that I knew more about the language and the culture that I do not. I think it's great that your kids will be well versed in both of their "homes"!

Sorry to hear you had to go on bedrest SO early!! My doc has been talking about bedrest too, soon...so here's crossing my fingers that it won't be TOO much sooner, lol. Congrats to you!

Jessie

[​IMG]

28. Mommy2BofTwins

QUOTE(myeggoispreggowithtwo @ Aug 29 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]954178[/snapback]
    I think that's incredibly cool for kids to learn their heritage...my family is Sicilian, and I wish that I knew more about the language and the culture that I do not. I think it's great that your kids will be well versed in both of their "homes"!

Sorry to hear you had to go on bedrest SO early!! My doc has been talking about bedrest too, soon...so here's crossing my fingers that it won't be TOO much sooner, lol. Congrats to you!

Jessie

[​IMG]

Jessie,

Thank you so much for appreciating my efforts :), its great to see someone else also with same views :), i really hope you don't go on bedrest, its hard and sometimes takes a toll on you, but i do wish you all the best with you twins, my bedrest was due to a fracture on my pelvic bone and then had severe back pain because of bedrest, now i am counting down my weeks so this will all be over and i will be with my twinkies :)

nervous and excited in anticipation,

Thank you,

Mina