***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Jul 27, 2008.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Angel as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

I am 30 years old and live in Annapolis, MD with my husband Patrick and 2.5 y/o son Connor. Patrick and I have been married for 9 years. I'm expecting mono/di boys, with a scheduled c-section of Oct 7. I work as a contractor for the Department of Defense, and I have a bachelors in chemical engineering and a masters in biotechnology.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Angel,

How do you think Connor is going to react to having twin brothers?

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to/not been able to eat this pregnancy?

3. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Jul 27 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]899224[/snapback]
    Hi Angel,

How do you think Connor is going to react to having twin brothers?

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not wanted to/not been able to eat this pregnancy?

Hi Summerfun,

Connor is acting excited about the twins now, but I have no way of gauging how jealous he will be once they get here. He is really a good helper and a good kid; I hope we can continue to give him enough attention so that he could stay that way!

I have been craving caramel with this pregnancy. Weird. I've also wanted alcohol this pregnancy (mostly wine), but I've stayed away from it. I have no idea why I want it... maybe I want to feel drunk after all of this feeling like I'm hungover all the time?

I've been able to eat pretty much anything this pregnancy, after about week 14. Before that, I had to force food down my throat because it made me feel so sick.

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Angel!!
    Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!

Will the boys be sharing a room?
    Are you going to have a theme for their room(s)?

PS - My husbands birthday is October 7th! It's a great birthday!! :)

5. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tamaras @ Jul 27 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]899487[/snapback]
    Hi Angel!!
    Congrats on your twin pregnancy!!

Will the boys be sharing a room?
    Are you going to have a theme for their room(s)?

PS - My husbands birthday is October 7th! It's a great birthday!! :)

Hi Tamara,

Thanks!

The boys will be sharing a room. Connor was going to move to this room (it's bigger) but now the twins will use it. Not that it's ready yet... DH still has to paint and wants to put in a laminate floor. We've already got one crib and a changing table, but we will need to get another crib soon too.

The theme for their room is dinosaurs. Their daddy loved dinos while growing up, so that's what we went with.

Connor's bday is October 14, so we're trying to figure out if it would be best for him to have a Sept bday this year! :)

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Hi Angel!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your boys!!!!

do you plan on breastfeeding?

I Love the names you picked!! How did you come up with them?

What was your reaction to the news that you were having twins? dh's?

7. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Jul 29 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]902100[/snapback]
    Hi Angel!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your boys!!!!
    do you plan on breastfeeding?

I Love the names you picked!! How did you come up with them?

What was your reaction to the news that you were having twins? dh's?

Thanks Heather!

I do plan on trying to b/f the babies. I did with DS, but I almost gave up because he had a hard time latching on and lost weight at the beginning. I stuck with it and we ended up nursing for about 12.5 months! I hope these guys are a little easier to nurse since I wil be wrestling with 2!

As far as the names go... since my husband and I have an Irish last name and his name is Patrick Sean, we decided on Irish first names. The middle names are family names. This is the same with our son Connor Craig. His first name is Irish, and his middle name is after his great grandad. We liked the Irish names Ryan and Liam. Austin is a family last name from DH's side. Joseph is a name taken from both of the babies' grandfathers and another great grandfather. Everyone seems to love the name Ryan; Liam is our contentious name - either people love it or hate it. Glad you like it!

When I found out I was having twins, I was 10 weeks along, and I had been really sick and lost about 5 pounds. I had morning sickness with my son's pregnancy, but I didn't think anything of it. This time I was much sicker, but I thought it was just because different pregnancies progress differently. I was kind of relieved when I found out it was twins b/c I was glad that I wasn't that sick for no good reason. Of course, I was (and still am) nervous about it, but overall I'm pretty excited. DH had a feeling that I was having twins before we found out. I'm not sure why. When he saw the u/s, he said, "Do they look healthy?" Then he said, "Well, I'm glad we bought that minivan b/c now it is a necessity, not just a luxury." He is pretty excited as well.

8. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Hi Angel!
    Congrat's on 2 boys!!

Are you planning on going back to work after the boys are born?

What are you most excited for with twins? Scared of?

9. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Jul 29 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]902382[/snapback]
    Hi Angel!
    Congrat's on 2 boys!!

Are you planning on going back to work after the boys are born?

What are you most excited for with twins? Scared of?

Hi Kyrstyn,
    Thanks! I am planning on going back to work when the boys are about 12 weeks old, or January 2, whichever comes first. My coworkers are doubting whether I'll be back with 3 kiddos, but I think that I would go crazy without the break or adult interaction. We'll see, though. I don't think I'll know I've made the right decision till I try it for awhile.

Most excited about? Hmmm, I hadn't really thought about that too much. I guess that we'll have 2 new guys to love instead of just 1. Scared of? Now there I can name a whole bunch of things. Before they come, I'm worried about TTTS b/c they are mono/di. My u/s weight checks have started to get a little uneven, which worries me. Once they're here, I'm mostly worried that it will be more than twice the work of 1 newborn. Also, I'm worried that my son won't take it well.

10. DMBMom40

DMBMom40 Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]Hi Angel!

First of all congrats on your twins!! :D

You, like me, will have three boys, do you think that you'll have anymore children to try for a little girl? Heck, do you even want a little girl?

Are you going to have help after the twins are born?

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :D
    [/SIZE]

11. angelf

angelf Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DMBMom40 @ Jul 31 2008, 05:33 PM) [snapback]907101[/snapback]
    [SIZE=12pt]Hi Angel!

First of all congrats on your twins!! :D

You, like me, will have three boys, do you think that you'll have anymore children to try for a little girl? Heck, do you even want a little girl?

Are you going to have help after the twins are born?

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :D
    [/SIZE]

Hi Leslie,
    Thanks! I will not be trying for a little girl. While it would have been nice to have one, it was not our goal to be outnumbered. But we'll gladly take the twins! My mom's cousin tried for a girl and ended up with 7 brothers ahead of her. I really don't want a family that big! :)

As far as help after the twins are born, I have my in-laws very close by and my FIL is retired, so I think they will help out a bunch. Plus we've got a girl who wants to come help out after school which should be nice. I'm really considering looking into a cleaning service if our budget allows.

Best of luck with your pregnancy too! Do you know what you are having? It looks like you are getting very close!