***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Feb 10, 2008.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Jen as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

I have two children from a previous marriage. My DD is 14 and my DS is 12. My DH and I have been trying to have a baby since 2001. We had a miscarriage in 2003. I didn't want to be pregnant after 35 so I finally saw an OB this past year we did all kinds of tests and finally decided to try Clomid. We did one cycle of Clomid and we were pregnant. Yeah! At 8 weeks we found out we were pregnant and at 11.5 weeks we found out it was twins. We kind of knew because of my symptoms and it seemed like everyone was making little statements about it being twins. I was still freaked out but excited, my DH is thrilled. We can't wait. It has been an uncomfortable pregnancy, but luckily so far uneventful. I have been trying to focus on classes for my Master's degree and trying to prepare for the babies. It is so hard to focus, it is so exciting. We are waiting to find out genders, which is driving our parent's crazy, they want to know. That is my story so far.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Jen,

1. What do your two older children think about having twin siblings?

2. What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

Have fun!

3. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Do you plan on taking some time off from getting your masters after having the twins? You are going to be a busy mama!

4. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Feb 10 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]615663[/snapback]
    Hi Jen,

1. What do your two older children think about having twin siblings?
    My DD is excited, she wants to be there when I have them. My DS is less than thrilled. He is the baby so he is not happy about sharing his attention.

2. What food have you been craving with this pregnancy? The main thing I have craved is gummy bears. I have also wanted a turkey sub, which I can't have :( . That will probably be the first thing I eat after I have the babies :laughing:.

Have fun!

5. twins2008

QUOTE(5girlies @ Feb 10 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]615677[/snapback]
    Do you plan on taking some time off from getting your masters after having the twins? You are going to be a busy mama!

I have planned to take my next semester off, but that is it so far. I won't have to start back up until July. I don't want to miss too much time, as it will take long enough as it is. I only take one class at a time. We will have to see how it goes with the babies, I may end up taking off more time.

6. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hi Jen,

Cool; I forgot you had an older DD too! Mine is 14 also :rolleyes:

My questions are:

1) Where did you come up with your screenname?
    2) Do you have names picked out yet?
    3) What were your older kids' reactions to finding out it was twins?

7. twins2008

QUOTE(Overachiever @ Feb 11 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]616615[/snapback]
    Hi Jen,

Cool; I forgot you had an older DD too! Mine is 14 also :rolleyes:

My questions are:

1) Where did you come up with your screenname? In middle school my friends and I had nicknames for eachother. My friends name is Melinda (Mindy) and we called her Minners and mine being Jennifer, she started calling me nifer. We just took the Jen off. I don't really remember what we called my other friends, there's didn't stick. Anyway, I couldn't think of another screenname that wasn't already taken, thus nifer once again.

2) Do you have names picked out yet? We have three girl names and two boy names. We haven't decided which one or ones we will use yet. We decided that we will have to see what name fits the babies best when they are born. Plus we don't know the genders so that will make a big difference too, if they are both boys we won't have to decide anything except which one gets which name.

3) What were your older kids' reactions to finding out it was twins? My DD thought we were joking, but then ended up being excited. She wants to babysit, I don't see that happening for a while though. My DS was twice as unhappy. He has been expressing his unhappiness every chance he gets. He will settle in once they are born, he is excellent with younger kids.

Do you have more than one other child. How is your DD handling it? Isn't 14 a wonderful age :nea:

Thank you for your questions.

8. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!

What are you studying?

Where would you go for a dream vacation??

9. twins2008

QUOTE(Mama2Eric&2peasinpod @ Feb 12 2008, 07:38 PM) [snapback]618771[/snapback]
    Congrats!!!

What are you studying? I am working on my Masters/Licensure in Mental Health Counseling. So right now I am finishing Theories of Psychotherapy (not too exciting), thankfully it is done on March 14th. I love the whole field of psychology though so it is all good. I have my Bachelors in Human Development, concentration in psychology, that is what got me going down this education path.

Where would you go for a dream vacation?? I want to go somewhere warm, sunny, with clear blue water. I don't really have a specific name of a place, just the general climate. I wouldn't mind going back down to NC to visit my mom again either, but the first option would be really nice right now. It is so cold, and snowy right now.

Thank you for the questions.

Jen