***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Dec 16, 2007.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Janey as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

I'm 30 years old and have been married to my husband for almost 8 years. We have a 5 year old son (flaming red head) and a 2 year old (looks Italian). I had a miscarriage in January of this year. If you had told me during that time that a year later I would be nearing the end of a twin pregnancy, I just wouldn't have believed it! I knew something was different this time around than with my other pregnancies, but it still blew my mind to see TWO babies on the first ultrasound! It was so exciting and we feel so blessed! I am a registered nurse with my BSN and I work on a per diem basis for a NICU. I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I work usually just a couple days a month and get to be home the rest of the time! My husband works for a local university (he's a self professed computer geek and proud of it!) We are expecting boy/girl twins (Alexander and Elizabeth) and we are just overjoyed! I've been on bedrest for awhile now. There have been some scary moments and it's been rough, but I am so glad that these babies are staying put for now! I really appreciate having this board, it's been a great place for advice and reassurance! One more thing- GO BUCKS!

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Janey!

1. Do you two older children (I have a redhead too BTW) know they are going to have twin siblings? If so, mainly the 5 year old, how did they react to the news?

2. How has this twin pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancies?

3. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Dec 16 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]536698[/snapback]
    Hi Janey!

1. Do you two older children (I have a redhead too BTW) know they are going to have twin siblings? If so, mainly the 8 year old, how did they react to the news?

2. How has this twin pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancies?

My sons know that twins are on the way. My oldest (5) is so excited and cannot wait. My 2 year old understands that there are babies in my belly, but he told me they could live with Grandma last week.

This pregnancy has been quite different. I was sick this time - the first time in my life I have EVER thrown up! All of my symptoms were just very exaggerated from the beginning. I've passed my belly size already from my other pregnancies. It's very interesting and exciting to be pg with twins, but a lot of anxiety also. I don't think I'll relax until I have them both in my arms.

4. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Do you have names picked out?

Dianna

5. blueeyez553

blueeyez553 Well-Known Member

How do u get thru your bedrest? I always find myself wanting to get up and do something....

Have you had any wierd cravings??

A twin pregnancy after m/c (Natural? just wondering) thatas amazing that you got blessed again and double!! Congrats

6. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Dec 16 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]536803[/snapback]
    Do you have names picked out?
    Dianna

Alexander and Elizabeth- still working on the middle names!

7. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Babies On The Way @ Dec 16 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]536816[/snapback]
    How do u get thru your bedrest? I always find myself wanting to get up and do something....

Have you had any wierd cravings??

A twin pregnancy after m/c (Natural? just wondering) thatas amazing that you got blessed again and double!! Congrats

I know - bedrest isn't easy! We just have to take it a day at a time! Lately, I think the nesting is kicking in and that's hard because I can't do anything about it, but I just want the babies to stay inside more than anything! My sons keep me busy from the couch though! Time seems to be moving fast. Right now we are working on this nativity set cut out of felt and put on wood together - things like that help to pass the time.

I go back and forth on wanting to eat anything or not wanting to eat at all. Lately, I want a lot of salad! (followed up by chocolate of course)

To answer your question- we didn't use any fertility treatments to conceive. There must have been something in the air on Memorial Day weekend is all I can figure :)

8. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hi Janey! Welcome to the spotlight!

My questions are NTR-- not twin related:

1) When and where was your last vacation? Where would your dream vacation be?
    2) Tell us about your wedding!

I'm on a wedding kick; I told DH we should split up for awhile just so we can do it again! The look of horror on his face before he realized I was kidding was priceless!

9. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Overachiever @ Dec 17 2007, 11:17 AM) [snapback]537465[/snapback]
    Hi Janey! Welcome to the spotlight!

My questions are NTR-- not twin related:

1) When and where was your last vacation? Where would your dream vacation be?
    2) Tell us about your wedding!

I'm on a wedding kick; I told DH we should split up for awhile just so we can do it again! The look of horror on his face before he realized I was kidding was priceless!

Our last vacation was this summer to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. It was a lot of fun and we stayed in a a beautiful house on top of a mountain. I was still in the morning sickness phase though, so it might be nice to go back another time! Dream vacation - - Hmmm. . . it's funny how this has changed when I picture us having 4 kids soon. I love the ocean- any ocean. Between my brother and me, our 2 families will have 8 kids this summer so I am guessing anywhere my mom would be willing to go with us would be a DREAM!!!

That's funny that you're on a wedding kick! I can't imagine going through all of that planning again!! We got married when I was in nursing school. I just remember how crazy it was planning a wedding while in school. I think there were about 300 people there. It was held at our church in our hometown. My mom and I tried to plan a wedding that would be nice without blowing the bank and I was amazed how awesome it turned out. My favorite part was the string quartet that played the music at the church and the FOOD at the reception YUM!!!

10. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Have you read any interesting/good books while you've been on bedrest?

11. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ladybenz @ Dec 17 2007, 01:52 PM) [snapback]537711[/snapback]
    Have you read any interesting/good books while you've been on bedrest?

Not as many as I thought I would! I'm mostly reading stories to my sons instead of myself :) I do collect old Grace Livingston Hill books, so I've read quite a few of those mostly when I wake up at night and can't get back to sleep. I need to get on Amazon and order a couple good books, anyone have some suggestions?

12. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?

What is your least favorite thing about being pregnant?

Dianna

13. Jayn

Jayn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Dianna @ Dec 19 2007, 12:25 AM) [snapback]540016[/snapback]
    What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?
    What is your least favorite thing about being pregnant?
    Dianna

My favorite things are looking forward to meeting my babies, feeling them move around, ultrasounds!!

My least favorite thing - the constant worrying I seem to have . . . especially this time around.