***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Oct 8, 2007.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Let's welcome Pamela as this week's Meet the Mama. It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Pamela,

1. How has this pregnancy been so far?

2. What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

Have fun!

3. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Oct 8 2007, 01:37 PM) [snapback]440471[/snapback]
    Hi Pamela,

1. How has this pregnancy been so far?

2. What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

Have fun!

Hi There Everyone!!

1. This pregancy has been pretty good so far. I have been happily awaiting and nesting for our babies :) . I have had good reports from my doctor appts. and ultrasounds and have not had any restrictions. I just wish I had more energy :rolleyes: .

2. Before I knew I was pregnant I craved a jar of pickles for six days straight :lol: . After that I had cravings for peanut butter during my second trimester and now am just plain hungry :p .

4. Joanna Smolko

Joanna Smolko Well-Known Member

Hi Pamela!

You're doing great!! Congratulations on the b/g twins! The names you picked are beautiful--how did you come up with them?

5. erinh56

erinh56 Well-Known Member

Hi Pamela! Wow..you are almost there!

1. Is there anything that you miss doing, that you're no longer able to do?
    2. Do you have any fears or anxieties about giving birth?

6. ladybutterflyrose

QUOTE(joannabug @ Oct 9 2007, 02:47 PM) [snapback]442294[/snapback]
    Hi Pamela!

You're doing great!! Congratulations on the b/g twins! The names you picked are beautiful--how did you come up with them?

Thank you! We picked the names based on what we thought sounded nice and the meanings of their names. One translation of Annalise means gracious and concecrated to God. Her middle name is Hope, as I was hopeful and prayerful that we would be able to have children - these are IVF miracle babies :) . It took one cycle after tries of other medicines and inseminations. Nikola is an Eastern European version of Nicholas. DH is an electrical engineer and did a paper on a famous electrical engineer/inventor, Nikola Tesla when he was an undergrad. We both liked the name and thought it was a little bit different. Matthew is his middle name after DH. It means a gift for God. We're so thankful for our babies :D :D .

I love sharing about their names. I'm glad you asked.

7. ladybutterflyrose

QUOTE(erinh56 @ Oct 9 2007, 02:54 PM) [snapback]442310[/snapback]
    Hi Pamela! Wow..you are almost there!

1. Is there anything that you miss doing, that you're no longer able to do?
    2. Do you have any fears or anxieties about giving birth?

Hi,

1. Yes, I don't do a whole lot. Used to be high energy and exercise. I almost feel like I went from wonderwoman to wimp woman :laughing: . I did my last prenatal yoga classes at 31 weeks. I said last b/c I think I'm done, KWIM? I still go for walks, but it'll be nice to get my body back, but then I'll be sleep deprived :lol: . I do miss these things, but we're so excited about our babies.

2. Yes, I have fear!! Man, I'm reading up on breathing for the birthing process, but I just think, okay this will NOT be the best part, but I'll have to try to be relaxed to give birth :blink: . My babies have been head down for weeks. It's great to go vaginal, but I'm so not looking forward to PUSHING them out :eek: . I am thankful, though, that it looks like I will be able to avoid a c-section :) .

Thanks for asking and good luck luck to both of you ladies too. You're both doing great!

8. ladybutterflyrose

I should update and say that now I am restricted in activity (no shopping, house cleaning, etc.) and have to take it easy after my trip to L&D last night. Oh, well, it's worth it to keep the babies in longer. I keep feeling more and more tired anyway...