***Meet the Mama***

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by summerfun, Sep 2, 2007.

1. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This weeks Mama-to-Be is Erin, let's put her in the spotlight. It's time to ask her those questions we've all been wondering about.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Erin! Welcome to the spotlight!

1. How has your twin pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancy?

2. What has been the one food you have been craving with this pregnancy?

Have fun!

3. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Sep 2 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]390412[/snapback]
    Hi Erin! Welcome to the spotlight!

1. How has your twin pregnancy been different than your singleton pregnancy?

2. What has been the one food you have been craving with this pregnancy?

Have fun!

1. This pregnancy has been COMPLETELY different. I actually thought I was having twins with the first, because I measured bigger, and because my grandmother is a twin. I didn't expect it this time, though! I should have noticed that I was MUCH sicker, and sooo tired as a clue. I barely moved from my bed for the first three months! It's been tough, but exciting. DH is able to go with me to several of my appointments, too, which is nice! Last time he was in a military training course, and we were apart for over three months.

2. I've been craving anything from McDonalds.... again! It's so bad for me, I know. Last time I was hooked on McFlurry's, but abandoned them entirely this time (last pregnancy I gained 76 lbs!!!). Now I have a cheeseburger once every two weeks, but I crave them ALL the time!

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:) I crave McDonalds too! Those pesky chicken nuggets are so darn good. My DH is going to wonder why our kids like them so much...hmmm...I have NO idea! ;)

My question for you is how long has your DH been in the Army and how many times have you had to move? Is there another move in the near future? We got pregnant on our way to our new duty station and I'm so glad I don't have to move with the twins for 3 years! I hope that you don't either!

5. erinmichelleb

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Sep 3 2007, 05:37 AM) [snapback]390653[/snapback]
    :) I crave McDonalds too! Those pesky chicken nuggets are so darn good. My DH is going to wonder why our kids like them so much...hmmm...I have NO idea! ;)

My question for you is how long has your DH been in the Army and how many times have you had to move? Is there another move in the near future? We got pregnant on our way to our new duty station and I'm so glad I don't have to move with the twins for 3 years! I hope that you don't either!

Nice to meet you!

DH has been in the Army for four years on the 10th! We've moved only twice now. He was an infantry soldier for 2 1/2, did a tour in the sandbox with the 509th Airborne Infantry, and was accepted into the Warrant Officer program a year and a half ago. He's been in training here in AL ever since as a helicopter pilot (Apaches). It's so different! I love it, though. It's been his dream to be a pilot since he was 6, and it was great to help him achieve that goal. We'll only be here for another 9 months or so, though - I'll be moving with newborn twins and a toddler... not fun! But, it's nothing we aren't used to. Our life is always soooo hectic. We're used to a high "op-tempo". :D

6. jasonsmommy

jasonsmommy Well-Known Member

1. Any babies names yet??

2. What nursery theme are you thinking of??

Wohoooooooooo, for military wives! My hubby hit 20 years yesterday with the Army! We move non stop, I think like 3 times in the last 4 years..

7. erinmichelleb

QUOTE(jasonsmommy @ Sep 3 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]390946[/snapback]
    1. Any babies names yet??

2. What nursery theme are you thinking of??

Wohoooooooooo, for military wives! My hubby hit 20 years yesterday with the Army! We move non stop, I think like 3 times in the last 4 years..

Wow! CONGRATS on 20 years. We have a LONG way to go until we get there. You must be so proud of all that you've achieved (and DH, too! LOL). It's a tough life, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm so proud that my hubby serves our country. :D

I've got Matthew Caden and Shane Christopher for the boys' names. We had to come up with some replacements over the last two days, the original names we picked were different. But, I think we've got it nailed down now.

The nursery theme is actually a mixed bag. Everything is from Pottery Barn pretty much. For Will, I have the Alphabet Soup sheets, Chris has the classic trucks with green star bumper and green cribskirt, and Matt has vintage airplanes. It sounds crazy but it's pretty cute together. I'm big on believing that I need to allow each of them their own unique personality. So, I try to provide several different choices. :) I guess it's themed after "transportation" in a big way, but just not all the same types and with a few letters and numbers mixed in.

8. Gumberly

Gumberly Well-Known Member

What is the strangest question (if any) you have been asked since you’ve been pregnant when people find out you are having twins?

What has been the most helpful/unhelpful advice you have got so far?

9. daisydoll

daisydoll Well-Known Member

Welcome to the spot light.

I also crave McDonalds once a week. I love their cheeseburgers.

My question is: What is the one thing you miss that you can not have during this pregnancy?

I miss my diet coke and coffee. Anything else I can wait for.

10. erinmichelleb

QUOTE(Gumberly @ Sep 3 2007, 06:02 PM) [snapback]391330[/snapback]
    What is the strangest question (if any) you have been asked since you’ve been pregnant when people find out you are having twins?
    What has been the most helpful/unhelpful advice you have got so far?

I don't know - but the thing that people say that bothers me the most is, "Better you than me!" and "How are you going to handle all those boys?"

The most helpful advice I've gotten so far was that God only gives you what you can handle! :D

11. erinmichelleb

QUOTE(daisydoll @ Sep 3 2007, 06:29 PM) [snapback]391362[/snapback]
    Welcome to the spot light.

I also crave McDonalds once a week. I love their cheeseburgers.

My question is: What is the one thing you miss that you can not have during this pregnancy?

I miss my diet coke and coffee. Anything else I can wait for.

Sweet tea! Definitely! It drives me crazy. I make decaf every now and then, but it's so time consuming, I've made it maybe 3x this whole pregnancy.

12. Br00klineBabe

Br00klineBabe Well-Known Member

I too am an Army Wife, we are stationed in Hawaii. My husband is a Major in the Signal Corps. There are so many twins in the military, I see them everywhere!!

Anyways, my question is what were your first thoughts when you were told that you had two babies growing in there? And what was your husbands first words?

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Hi Erin, Welcome to the spotlight!

I kept thinking your avatar photo showed a belly tattoo but then realized it was "baby a and baby b" LOL

So, I'll ask: 1) Do you have any tattoos? 2) Any body piercings you want to share?

And: 3) What was your major?

Love your baby names, BTW!

14. erinmichelleb

QUOTE(Br00klineBabe @ Sep 3 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]391474[/snapback]
    I too am an Army Wife, we are stationed in Hawaii. My husband is a Major in the Signal Corps. There are so many twins in the military, I see them everywhere!!

Anyways, my question is what were your first thoughts when you were told that you had two babies growing in there? And what was your husbands first words?

Cool! Another Army wife! I'll definitely have to remember who y'all are. It's great to have contacts! We're always moving and it's great to know someone at a new post before I even get there. Congrats to your DH on making Major. What an accomplishment - and for YOU, too! WTG supporting him. It's a tough job, as I well know.

Oh, my goodness... I was in total shock. I'm a pretty chatty person, and was talking to the U/S tech before she told me. I can read an US pretty well, and said, "So, is it a girl or a boy? I can't make heads or tails out of this image." So, she said, "That's because there's two heads and two tails..." (!!!) I couldn't speak! I just sat there in shock for about 5 minutes, mouth agape and tears streaming down my face. The thing is, DH and I had been debating whether or not to have more kids (I want more, he doesn't - my last birth experience was very traumatizing for him as I almost died). I was in shock that God had answered our prayer about where to go from here. SO thankful!

He wasn't able to be at the U/S, though. He had an important test in flight school and was busy all morning. When I called him on his way home, he said, "Oh, come on, Erin. Quit messing with me..." I had to repeat myself several times before he believed me. We both thought we'd be having one girl, and it turned out to be TWO BOYS! So funny!

QUOTE(Overachiever @ Sep 3 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]391476[/snapback]
    Hi Erin, Welcome to the spotlight!

I kept thinking your avatar photo showed a belly tattoo but then realized it was "baby a and baby b" LOL

So, I'll ask: 1) Do you have any tattoos?

2) Any body piercings you want to share?

And: 3) What was your major?

Love your baby names, BTW!

HAHA! Yeah, it's just some photo editing magic. You should have seen the stretch marks before I got to them! LOL!

1) - nope... not one. I want to get a tattoo one of these days just to freak out my husband. Something REALLY small and cute - probably shamrocks. One for each kid.

2) - I don't even have my ears pierced anymore. They closed up after I had DS1 and I haven't gotten them re-pierced yet. Didn't notice until I was preggo!

3) - Art. I love photography and anything creative. I wish I could go back and get my bachelor's though. I only have an AA. I probably will during DH's next deployment.

It's so great getting to "meet" you all. Keep the questions coming!

15. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

3) - Art. I love photography and anything creative. I wish I could go back and get my bachelor's though. I only have an AA. I probably will during DH's next deployment.
    It's so great getting to "meet" you all. Keep the questions coming!

Cool! B) My major was art history. That's why I'm a Realtor now! :lol:

16. erinmichelleb

Yeah, one can't do that much with an art degree, but I do love photography and it fits me pretty well. :)