**Meet The Mama- MoMMelis**

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Aug 23, 2009.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Let's welcome Melissa as this week's Meet the Mama. :clapping: It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

Hi, my name is Melissa. I am 33 years old and Mike my husband is 34 years old. We live in New York, about an hour and a half north of New York City. Up until June I was a teacher, I taught Kindergarten and 4th grade, but now I am going to be a SAHM. DH and I were somewhat surprised to find out we were having twins, even though he has 4 sets in his family and I have a set of triplets in mine--I guess it was fate!! We enjoy watching movies, snow skiing, and almost anything outdoors. I am now 31 weeks and am very nervous about going into labor, and what to expect when I bring home the little beans. I am super excited to learn what the sex is, since we have not found out!! I look forward to talking to everyone, you all seem so nice!!

2. TwinLove

:wavey: Melissa!!

:eek: That's great that you guys want to be surprised... I know I could barely wait until 20 weeks to find out! :lol:

Have you guys decided any names? Care to share?

Do you have alot of family around?

3. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi!! We do have 4 names picked out. The two boys names are Michael John III and Edward Michael. If they are girls they will be Alexa Jane and Natalie Tess. If it is one of each they will be Michael and Alexa. We do have a ton of family pretty close by, the furthest are his parents that are an hour away.

4. nkindc

nkindc Member

Hi Melissa!
    I am only 14 weeks with mono/di identical twins and we plan not to find out the sex/gender either (it seems as if we are a rare breed). All we know is that it will be 2 girls or boys.
    About your name choices - great choice in Natalie. It's my name and I have always loved my name. I am having a difficult time finding names for girls that I like more than my own!

5. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi Natalie!! I have been on board with the name Natalie for quite sometime, it took a little longer for my hubby to agree. I love the name because you don't hear it very often. Nice talking to you!!
    Melissa

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hi Melissa!

What food have you been craving with this pregnancy?

What food have you not been able to/wanted to eat with this pregnancy.

Wow, good for you for being surprised about the babies sexes. :)

7. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

:wavey: Melissa & congratulations on your pregnancy!

LOVE the names you have picked out ~ How exciting to have it be a surprise!!

Do you have a theme for your nursery?

8. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi Amy!! The only food that I have been craving is McDonalds French Fries, and fresh fruit. There really isn't much that I can't eat, the only thing I can't stand the smell of is bologna--my hubby loves it on his sandwiches and it makes me gag!!

9. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi Tamara!!
    We are so excited to be surprised when the babies arrive, I want my hubby to be able to walk into the waiting room and announce to all the grandparents you have a _____________ and a _______________!! As for the nursery, we didn't really do a theme, I am not a real theme kinda person. I painted the room yellow on the bottom and creamy white on top with a chair rail in the middle. The one crib that we have already is natural wood, and the bedding is sage green, chocolate brown, yellow and white, it has circles, and stripes. The bedding is made by Trend Lab Baby and the pattern is called giggles.

10. TwinLove

Is this the first set of grandkids?

11. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi Liz!! No this is not the first set of grandkids on either side, we (myself and hubby) are both the youngest. Each family has 3 grandkids already. However this is the first set of twins for each grandparent!!

12. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Hi Melissa!
    I'm excited you are not finding out the sexes. I'm only 16 weeks but we decided to not find out too! I love the idea of having it be a surprise to everyone until the birth! All the names are great. My husbands name is Michael John, it's a good one! I love the bedding pattern you chose too, that one was a favorite of mine, although I decided on a different pattern. Are you going to keep them in one crib for a while or get another one? How easy was it to put up a chair rail? I love the way they look, but I'm too intimidated by the work. Good luck with everything!

13. mrsrahgo

mrsrahgo Member

Hi Kristin!! I think it is great that you are not finding out the sex of the bsbies, it is one surprise that you will never get again!! As for the bedding, I wanted something neutral, and not a theme--we liked it online, but LOVE it in person!! The babies will be sharing a crib at the beginning, we are going to buy a second crib after the babies are born. The chair rail was really easy for me to put up--hubby did it!! LOL!! Seriously, we measured each wall that it was going on and drew it on a little diagram, brought it to home depot, picked out the chair rail we wanted and they cut it to the length that we needed and we labeled it to make it easier for ourselves. Hubby said it was pretty easy to install though!! Hope to chat some more!!