**Meet The Mama-- Kristin J. N**

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Aug 31, 2009.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Let's welcome Kristin as this week's Meet the Mama. :clapping: It's time to put her in the spotlight and ask her those questions we've all been wondering about. Here is a little about her:

My name is Kristin. My husband and I are both 28 and have been married a little over 5 years. We have a two year old daughter, Addison, who keeps us both very busy. Although I was planning on going back to work after Addie was born, I fell in love with her and decided to stay home. Best choice I have ever made!! (Although there certainly are times she drives me bananas :) ) I'm 17 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins. We are having our second ultrasound in week, but have decided to wait to find out the sexes. I'm nervous about having 3 under 3's for a little while, but I'm sure it will all be fine. I'm exctied to meet you!

2. TwinLove

:wavey: Kristin, nice to meet you too!!

:bow2: for not finding out the sexes! I couldn't wait. :blush:

What do you like to do for fun? Date night? Family outtings?

Have you picked out any names?

3. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:clapping: Congrats Kristin!! You'll do great! Addison will turn out to be such a huge help and great big sister! Look forward to seeing you around here more.

4. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

We live in Oregon, so we love to do anything outdoors! Nearly every night, we toss Addie in the stroller and we all go for a 2-3 mile walk. I also like to scrapbook, although I'm still working on finishing Addie's first year!

We've tossed around a few names but nothing has really stuck yet. We've talked about Landon, Liam, or Henry for boys names, with either Robert or John (both family names) as middle names. For girls we've talked about Haley or Emma for girls names with family middle names too. The middle names we've talked about are Katherine (sil's name) Ann (sister's middle name) Jo (my middle name, and my aunt's middle name) and I've tossed Lavinia out there (it was my great grandmother's middle name) I'm kind of stuck on girls names because I want a name that's a little different or old-fashioned but not overused or way out there. In fact I just pulled out the trusty old baby name book last night!

5. TwinLove

Very nice names you have all been thinking about. :good:

How has this pregnancy been treating you? How has it been different then with Addison?

6. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Hi Kristin & congrats on your twin pregnancy!! :yahoo:

I am from the Pacific Nortwest too :wavey: Seattle!

I agree...pretty cool that you are not going to find out the sexes!! I couldn't have done it!

How are you decorating the babies room?

Any foods that you are particularly craving or that you can't eat during this pregnancy?

LOVE the names you picked out! Funny on the girls middle names because my middle name is Ann & my girls middle names are Katherine & Joelle - pretty close to the ones you are thinking of! :lol:

7. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Liz~ So far this pregnancy does not feel a whole lot different. I had about the same amount of morning sickness...not more than a couple weeks. The only difference is how much bigger I am sooner. It's been nice to be able to feel them earlier in the pregnancy than last time...at least while they are still to small to kick my ribs :)

Tamara~ The nursery is going to be a nice gender neutral, mostly a light green. The room is already painted a neutral beige like the rest of our house. The bedding, valence, etc. is all from the Pottery Barn Kids "Stork" collection. I actually bought the set before we found out we were having twins because they were getting ready to discontine it. Luckily I was able to get another crib bumper, skirt, and sheets. I decided that I'm just going to hang the quilt on the wall...Addie never used hers, just blankets. Ironically we were looking at the quilt before we found out it was twins and noticed that one of the storks had twins in his blanket...there's some foreshadowing for you!!

The only things I've been craving have actually been cold fruit (especially canteloupe lately) and ice cold milk! And I've actually been turned off of sweets...something I thought would never happen to me, pre-pregnancy I was a total chocoholic. This pregnancy has actually made me eat a lot healthier, which I hope sticks :lol: