medication question - pepcid AC?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by 2kidsplus2, Feb 16, 2007.

1. 2kidsplus2

2kidsplus2 Active Member

i am such a ninny, I meant to ask my OBs office today and I waited too long and they're closed now. My heartburn is driving me crazy and i wanted to know if I can take Pepcid AC for it - it's femotidine - 10 mg

I THINK my first ob said this was okay but can't find it written down, it's the only thing I have at home other than tums and i'm not going to get to the store until next week and i just can't sleep at night with all the acid.

Anyone know if this is safe?

TIA,
    Krista

2. 2kidsplus2

2kidsplus2 Active Member

i am such a ninny, I meant to ask my OBs office today and I waited too long and they're closed now. My heartburn is driving me crazy and i wanted to know if I can take Pepcid AC for it - it's femotidine - 10 mg

I THINK my first ob said this was okay but can't find it written down, it's the only thing I have at home other than tums and i'm not going to get to the store until next week and i just can't sleep at night with all the acid.

Anyone know if this is safe?

TIA,
    Krista

3. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

You are ok to take any heartburn medicine but pepto bismol. Take whatever you can get your hands on! That's what my ob said!

Reyna

4. hammondsquared

hammondsquared Well-Known Member

my dr. said pepcid is okay to take. you can also take zantac, i believe. i prefer tagament and mylanta though (which are both okay, too). she also said prilosec is good, and that is stronger. however, different drs. may have different opinions. good luck! [​IMG]

5. kayleesmama

kayleesmama Well-Known Member

Pepcid should be fine...my OB was going to give me some for heartburn, but I told him I thought I could live with it. HTH!!

6. hilly

hilly Well-Known Member

Pepcid AC is okay, I was on it until about 20-22 weeks. Doc said stay away from Pepcid COMPLETE though.

7. 2kidsplus2

2kidsplus2 Active Member

Thanks for the replies - I took one last night and NO HEARTBURN! It was amazing, I felt so much better.

I'm still going to pick up some Zantac though and try that. What a relief - I slept so much better.

--Krista

8. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

Another mother of twins posted this website to check the safety of meds. I use it a lot and it might help you in the future.

www.safefetus.com