May Activity Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by kingeomer, May 1, 2013.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Happy May (already)!

Great job last month ladies! :youcandoit: I am so thrilled to see new people posting and updating on here with their various challenges and new things!

I will be doing the 90 day warrior challenge on hasfit.com, so I hope to lose more inches!

Today, is week 1 day 1 of the 90 day challenge and 40 minutes at the gym on the bike & elliptical.

1 person likes this.
  2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I totally would have posted in April! Lol!

And :woo: ladies on April's workout! 6 pages! Way to go!

I'm going to do the 90 day challenge, but I will start that tomorrow. I just finished my 10 sprints at 8.7 speed, 70 push ups and 70 sit ups and two one minute planks. :)

3 people like this.
  3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

week 1 day 2 of the 90 day challenge followed by the bike for 30 mintues

1 person likes this.
  4. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Insanity day 3...

Kudos to all of you ladies!

1 person likes this.
  5. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did six minute run intervals in my learn to run today! Next week we jump up to 8 minutes :eek:. I am actually enjoying it though; the group running is good for learning to pace myself better so I don't wear out.

1 person likes this.
  6. kingeomer

Jen, your running class sounds like a good gig!

Today is week 1 day 2 of the 90 day challenge and I will do a walking workout as well. Yesterday's day 1 was a little tough, I tried to do it with my 5 lb weights and had to switch to water bottles :blush:

7. ljcrochet

I totally forgot about that. I started with 5, then did some with no weights (DH said he wished he knew before i didn't use the weights because he would have used the 5 instead of the 8th).

I did day 2 with the weights except for the squats which i did with no weights.

8. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Today I'm going to call my favorite aunt after the kids go to bed and walk until my legs don't work anymore. It's usually about an hour and a half or two hours of walking. :wub: her!

9. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I haven't been posting because I am a little embarrassed of my lack of exercise lately; I humbly come back to the forum! I am really impressed by all of the hard work you ladies have been doing!!! Way to do it!!!!!!

April was a giant bust for me. In the beginning of the month, my husband kind of bailed on me for my workout time and I have been having a hard time fitting it in at another time during the day. I can get the weights in while the kiddos are around, but not the treadmill. So I have dropped from working out 5 times to 3 times per week. Halfway through the month I came down with a pretty bad sinus infection which sidelined me for the rest of the month. I started back up with weights yesterday, but still fear the treadmill due to some lack of balance from the sinus infection. Holy heck am I sore... it is crazy how fast your body gets lazy after straying from a routine!! I am dreading that first run! Haven't weighed myself... don't want to!! Ugh, I feel like I am starting all over again!

5/1 - 30 minutes weights (arms)
    5/2 - 30 minutes weights (legs)
    5/5 - off
    5/4 - Planned first run... 3 miles. God help me! 30 minutes weights (arms)
    5/5 - Planned 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes weights (legs)

10. megkc03

Today: 90 day challenge day one; 150 squats; 75 push ups; 75 sit-ups.

And drum roll......I've lost...wait for it....ONE WHOLE POUND IN ONE WHOLE YEAR! :woo:

Not. ;) Can you believe that crap?!? Lol! Although someone said I could have lost 20 lbs of fat and gained 19 lbs of muscle. I like that thinking!

In any case-I maintained my weight loss of almost 70 lbs for a year. That's great. And she was overall happy, even if she did mention losing another 20 lbs... ;)

And in two weeks...I go for a consultation on a tummy tuck! ;)

11. cheezewhiz24

Meaghan, when I reach my goal weight I will see about a reconstruction of my stomach. I'm not calling a tummy tuck- due to my c/s there is disfigurement in my lower abs. So I'm calling it a reconstruction. :)

12. megkc03

Can I call it that?!? ;)

13. cheezewhiz24

Heck yeah!

14. kingeomer

Meagan, I hope you are feeling better...sinus infections are nasty buggers. I'm glad your back :hug:
    Meaghan- :woo: for maintaining your weight loss. That is NO small feat. I think it is harder to maintain the weight loss then to actually lose the weight (and I find losing weight to be incredibly difficult). Let us know how the consult to fix your stomach goes!
    Michelle-I like your term of tummy restructuring. I wish I could get mine done but that will never be in our budget. Unless we hit the lottery. Then I am just paying to swap bodies with Gisele or something.
    :laughing:

Today is week 1 day 3 of the 90 day challenge plus zumba class.

15. cheezewhiz24

I see it as a tax refund expenditure. It's not in our near budget either. ;)

16. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I realized I didn't update my P90X experience. I should have been done by now, but my kids decided to have 3 ear infections total and 3 colds each in march-april so I had to skip a few days here and there - so when I realized I did less than 4 days a week, I just repeated the following week, which delayed the whole thing by 3 weeks.

So far I can see a difference in the way my clothes fit me, especially with my waist - and I lost the 6 pounds that were bugging me - and I was never on a diet, I still eat icecream and pizza and pasta. I LOVE P90X, it's a lot of fun and a PIA at the same time. I am able to do push-ups and pull-ups now - I was NEVER able to do pull-ups before. The Abs routine is SO GREAT, my stomach is firm - I didn't expect to notice such a big improvement. I still can't do a Hand stand during Yoga - but I can live with that. I got used to Yoga now, and I can see the benefits - the Yoga routine is so good also. I used to have a knee and a shoulder and a wrist that were bothering me from time to time if I moved weird (not at the same time, of course). I didn't notice any of those issues since P90X, and I think the stretching routine helped me with that, especially with the wrist issue.

We are taking a vacation after I will be done, but after that I want to try Insanity - so Gigantor, please tell me what you think of it so far.

Have fun working out everyone!

1 person likes this.
  17. monica77

Meaghan, you are such an inspiration, like Nancy said, it's hard to maintain weight loss and you did it!!! Of course since you kept working out some of the fat became muscle which weighs more than fat, so I think you must be more toned than last year.

I honestly don't know how can you bake all those yummy cookies and still maintain your weight :), I have a BIG sweet tooth, I am not able to help myself around fresh baked cookies.

18. ljcrochet

[​IMG]Hasfit week 1 day 3. Followed by the bike

19. kingeomer

Monica, I am glad the kids are feeling better and you've noticed such great results with P90X :banana:

Today I am doing has fit 90 day week 1 day 5...I am going to do day 4 day off tomorrow. DH is working OT tomorrow to work the 10 mile Broad Street Run.

20. ljcrochet

hasfit week 1 day 5 with a 20 minutes of the bike

21. ljcrochet

hasfit week 1 day 6

22. megkc03

Thanks ladies for the pep talk! I'm debating asking for a trainer at the gym, asking for a muscle analysis or whatever and see if I can drop 20 before the wedding, or heck even ten.

Yesterday: 10 sprints, 160 squats, 75 push ups, 75 sit ups
    Today: hasfit week 1 day 2 and 3. Man I'm behind! 170 squats, 80 sit ups, 80 push ups.

23. kingeomer

Sunday-day off
    Monday- week 1 day 6 of has fit 90 day and 22 minutes on the elliptical and 22 minutes on the bike.

I'm really going to have to be creative with the workouts this week because this is DH's late week at work :faint:

24. ljcrochet

I know how hard it is to find the time to work out. I sometimes have my girls "work out" with us. They usually do the hasfit warmup. My favorite is they will be playing in the basement come up and do the current exercise and say that is so easy.

25. kingeomer

That is too cute Lisa! Sometimes, my two will try and then it de-evolves into crazy dancing and running circles around me :laughing:
    Today is week 1 day 7 of has fit (or is it week 2 day 1?) ...I think it's the lose belly fat part 1 and 3 minutes of abs today and I will probably do a walking workout on you tube. I usually jog to it.

26. ljcrochet

Last night i did week 1 day 7 followed by the bike. I was amazed at how much easier the work out was compared to when i did the same one during the 30 day challenge.

Tonight should be week 2 day 1. Depending on how long the workout is, will depend if we do the bike.

27. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Doing 8 minute runs this week. I did 18 minutes of running altogether yesterday, which is easily as long as I have ever run in my life ;)

28. cheezewhiz24

I did a Jillian video and walked around the park with a friend.

29. kingeomer

The kids worked with me yesterday, doing their own version of has fit and the walking workout. No one was injured. It was a miracle.

Today is week 2 day 1 of has fit and 40 minutes at the gym on the bike and elliptical.

30. ljcrochet

Last night did hasfit week 2 day 1 followed by the bike for 1/2 hour

31. Gigantor

Hello ladies,
    I started the Insanity program last Saturday and has been doing it since. My off day will be Friday. So far I'm loving it and feel sore again, but it's only cardio...I need to sneak in some weight training..I guess next week I try.

32. ljcrochet

[​IMG]Week 2 day 2 followed by the bike

33. kingeomer

Gigantor, glad you like Insanity!

I did the 20 minute warrior yesterday and the burpees nearly killed me!

I will do has fit week 2 day 2 and not sure what else yet. The kids have a zoo trip today and my Mom is here.

1 person likes this.
  34. monica77

I am glad to hear you like it. How long is each workout? Before I started P90X I read a reviews about both Insanity and P90X and I decided to start with P90X since it seemed to have both weight training and cardio. I will be done with P90X next week (YAY), and we are going on a week vacation after that, but after we get back I plan to try Insanity. My muscles are still sore and I have been sore the whole time while doing P90X - in a good way of course :).

As for me, I did P90X Yoga this morning; after all this time, it's still not easy, but I am getting better.

35. Gigantor

Nancy, those burpees are entirely something else! (Insanity calls them suicide jumps-lol)But they do work..really..

Monica, each workout its 35-40 minutes. I like them a lot, I wanted to do some challenging cardio workouts and these definitely fall into that category. I miss the weight training though, this morning i pulled myself up 4 times on the captain chair, but I will definitely get my 8 pounders out next week for some push ups/biceps curls-:) After I finish the 60 day program I think I will stick with mixing up the exercises. It will keep me on my toes!