Mattress Protector

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinsnowwhat, Mar 20, 2012.

1. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We have purchased twin mattresses for the kids and a new mattress for us as well. I had purchased some that were plastic one side and kind of flannel on the other for when we were potty training to put on the couch and stuff but noticed that they didn’t breathe well at all and sitting on it or sleeping on it you would be very sweaty. Is this how they all are or are there ones that keep fluid out but also breathe a bit?

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

The mattress protectors sold by Tempurpedic are fantastic. You can get them at any of the stores that sell Tempurpedic. They block all liquids, but aren't hot or plastic feeling. I bought them for my girls' mattresses about a year ago and was impressed enough to go buy one for my bed too. They aren't cheap - but they're guaranteed and in my opinion, totally worth the money.

3. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I think Target had several types of mattress protectors. Make sure you look, some are just "mattress pads" and not a "protector", but there were a lot of options, hopefully you find a great one!

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have flannel mattress pads (they lay over the mattress, under the fitted sheet and are not fitted themselves. We love them for night time accidents.

5. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't buy the $17 one at Walmart. The top part is great and does protect the mattress, but the sides seem like they are made of paper. I tear a hole in it every time I take it off the bed.