maternity support/girdle while on bedrest?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by danasacks, Oct 29, 2011.

1. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

Hey everybody,
    I am past the 6 month mark and have been on bedrest for awhile so I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable. My doc recommended I try a maternity support but all the straps and belts look awfully uncomfortable while laying on your side for 24 hours. Anybody find something comfy and supportive that might work for me?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you have this pillow for under your belly? As I got bigger it became more and more necessary to prop comfortably under the belly.

I've never tried the maternity support bands, either, so I'm no help there. :hug:

3. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

i use a comfy pillow. i tried a maternity support belt but the sizing was WAY smaller than the description on Amazon and on the product package, so i returned it and didn't want to risk getting the wrong size again because the sizes made no sense. i wouldn't have been able to use it much since i'm on bedrest--i can't see how it would be comfortable to wear all day. i don't sit up much because it's uncomfortable and because of my cervix/contractions. for sleep i've been using a Snoogle since i was like 15wks pregnant and it has been a serious lifesaver.

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I was on bedrest from 24-37 weeks, I used lots of pillows, and the lazy boy. I was also told to get a support belt, but didnt see the point.

5. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

Thanks ladies for the info! I am using a maternity U shaped pillow at night, and a bunch of pillows during the day, but thought there may be something out there to help spread all the weight around and give my middle back a break.