Maternity support belt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Jetcamb, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jetcamb

Jetcamb Active Member

I need some input. My OB has mentioned getting a maternity support belt because I have been having some pressure and back pain. Does anyone else wear one of these or did anyone wear one? What are your thoughts? Do they work, are they comfortable? They are kinda pricey and I hate to buy one if they dont work. Thanks

2. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I bought one from Babies R Us and at first it was really uncomfortable. I think one of the babies is laying really low. My OB said they would move and adjust and they did and it was much better. I can feel the difference when I wear it and when I don't. I do recommend it.

3. HandsFull

HandsFull Member

I wore one with my first pregnancy the last few months and I found it very helpful. I am a small girl, about 5'2 and I carry VERY big. Its not my favorite thing to put on, but it alleviated alot of the pressure and back pain, definetly worth getting and wearing in my opinion. I will definetly be busting it out for this pregnancy and probably alot sooner!!

4. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jetcamb @ Nov 17 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]1074865[/snapback]
    I need some input. My OB has mentioned getting a maternity support belt because I have been having some pressure and back pain. Does anyone else wear one of these or did anyone wear one? What are your thoughts? Do they work, are they comfortable? They are kinda pricey and I hate to buy one if they dont work. Thanks

Hello!
    I had to buy one early on when I was working for sciatic nerve pain and it really helped alot! I was able to work and be at home with out pain. As soon as I took it off, ouchie! I only used if or a couple months as I am now on bed rest. I would be willing to sell it to you for half price if you are interested? Its in great shape as I stated only used if for a couple months. LEt me know if your interested!

5. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

I was days away from buying one before I was admitted to the hospital. Now, when I get up to go to the bathroom, I feel like my girls are going to fall out the bottom of my tummy. Being on bed rest, your body doesn't have time to adjust to the weight change. DH laughs at me waddling to the potty holding my tummy on the bottom.

6. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinsInFL @ Nov 19 2008, 11:54 AM) [snapback]1077149[/snapback]
    I was days away from buying one before I was admitted to the hospital. Now, when I get up to go to the bathroom, I feel like my girls are going to fall out the bottom of my tummy. Being on bed rest, your body doesn't have time to adjust to the weight change. DH laughs at me waddling to the potty holding my tummy on the bottom.
    Tell him its not funny and it hurts! I feel your pain!!! :p I think that if i am pushing too hard in the b room i might just push a kid out!!!! :lol:

7. kdanielleflowers

kdanielleflowers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dallasm @ Nov 19 2008, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1077161[/snapback]
    Tell him its not funny and it hurts! I feel your pain!!! :p I think that if i am pushing too hard in the b room i might just push a kid out!!!! :lol:

Yeah, that's what my colace is for. They actually don't want me pushing to hard! :rotflmbo: