Maternity Clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by borgerfam, Feb 18, 2011.

1. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

Are there any good recommendations for where to buy maternity clothes?
    I am especially interested in online options because we live over an hour from any major department store.

Also- would like stylish extra large, 1X size maternity clothes...
    I am starting off bigger this time and growing faster...

Thanks!
    Rebecca

2. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

every piece I had was Motherhood Maternity. 99% of them were handme downs from a good friend who had just had trips so that saved me some money but its all comfy and cute. They have t's with rouching on the sides so instead of looking like your wearing a tent it cups your belly and shows that beautiful figure, the jeans are super comfy, I had capri's, dress pants, t's, dress shirts, sweaters, nightgowns, pjs, all Motherhood... AWSOME!

3. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

things like this... http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=92325AZ19002&MasterCategory_Id=9996 from the moment I started showing I loved these kinds of shirts because I looked cute with my belly instead of just looking fat LOL

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had some stuff from Motherhood, but am a 1x normally and long waisted and it was never long enough for me. What I really liked best were plus-sized clothes from JC Penny's or Sears.

5. daliali00

daliali00 Member

I found 99% of my clothes at Old Navy....got some in the store and a lot online!! Great prices too!!

6. borgerfam

borgerfam Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    I will check out these places.

I also have trouble with things "fully" covering me... I think this is part of the multiple pregnancy "sag" ;)
    This is seventh pregnancy... I want to look nice and also be covered!!

:)
    Rebecca

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

how funny you should ask i just got done buying some maternity clothes, i bought some shirts from Old Navy online and also bought some jeans form Jcpenny's just google plus size maternity clothes

8. Peggy92

Peggy92 New Member

You may want to look at For Multiples Maternity. They are a clothing line dedicated to mothers of multiples. I bought clothes for my twin pregnancy last year.
    They were perfect. The website is www.formultiples.com.

Hope this helps.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Motherhood and JC Penney was where all my maternity stuff came from - and I'm a 3X!

10. milaa

milaa Member

Old Navy and Motherhood. But Old Navy ROCKSSSSSSS!!! Great prices and great promos on top of that. And usually free shipping.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If you look at the main page of twinstuff there is an ad about multiple pregnancy clothes (formultiples, but click on the ad and give TS ad revenue :D ). I quickly looked at it this morning, things look a little pricey but they are cut to accomodate multiple pregnancies.

When I was pregnant, Lane Bryant had maternity clothes. What I did'nt get at LB I got at Target (tank tops) and Old Navy.

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I also buy mine at JC penney And JCpenney.com has a larger selection than the store!

13. Ajoy1216

Ajoy1216 New Member

Lululemon yoga pants are all I have lived in! Just buy up a size. They are spendy, but you will wash them and put them back on day after day! I am 36.5 weeks and still wearing the same pair as at 24 weeks. They will be great after I deliver too!