Maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Adding 2 more!, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Adding 2 more!

Adding 2 more! Well-Known Member

I know Im larger than a singleton pregnancy and I dont know how large I will be. I am working and I plan on working as long as possible. I need some clothes, but Im not sure where to get them from at a good deal! I want pants, dresses, and tops! What I buy now, I would love to get me through the entire pregnancy...
    I have checked oldnavy.com and gap.com, but not real excited about what Ive seen. Ive also looked at motherhood.com, and I think everything is pretty generic...I want some stuff that is kind of funky like regular clothes at Forever 21 and places like that...Im pregnant, not hiding! Hahaaaa!
    Any ideas for some cool websites to check out?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I found more luck with nonmaternity very large women clothes. Also, I ran out of my regular sized maternity clothes around 28 weeks. I then preferred dresses that hung off me. It's really hard to find good stuff that's trendy. I 'settled' for whatever fit.

3. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Ditto, but it didnt get me through the 'whole pregnancy' considering Im still preggo and they dont work anymore... honestly since I was a summer preggo, I just stocked up on tanks & shorts -Old navy doesnt get my vote in the maternity department, yuck. They had a FEW things but the fit was funky.

4. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with JC Penney and Target. That's all that's available in my area and their stuff is pretty cute and very reasonable, especially at Penneys. They run great sales. Penney's goes up to XL and Target goes to 2XL so I haven't quite outgrown everything yet but I know it's coming.

5. Adding 2 more!

I will look at J C Penneys! Thanks!

6. kcur21

kcur21 Member

I have resorted to my husbands T-shirts, stocked up on my own Mens 2x t-shirts (which I have officially outgrown now) and have 2 XXL shirts left that semi-fit. I never dreamed i would get THIS big, it eventually becomes about what covers the belly instead of what looks cute!!

7. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

I think anntaylor brought back their maternity line online. I also found some stuff on Kohls website
    you can also search for some nicer brands olian maternity, japanese weekend, while they may be more expensive it's worth it to have one or two pieces that you can wear to work

8. schmack82

schmack82 Well-Known Member

Maxi dresses have gotten me through the summer... They look cute and you feel pretty in them. I am running low on clothes now though. Like that, the clothes I thought would "do me to the end" when I bought them in July have all gone too short to cover the bump... But I don't have to go to an office for work so Im just doing what I can here in loose fitted pants & T's that barely cover my belly while at home! I have a few things that I can still "get away with" but not for much longer! And i can't justify buying clothes for a couple of weeks wear.

I got a lovely dress in Motherhood that has lasted me really well. You can get some nice stuff there. Alot of it is very mumsie but there are some nice tunics that you could wear with leggings and dresses too....Good luck! Buy wisely though as you will be sooooooo super sick of looking at these clothes towards the end! Every time I look in my closet at the moment I cringe as I have to keep wearing the same things!

9. Adding 2 more!

True! Hahaaa! That is kind of where I am now...Ive not purchased anything, I was making due with stretchy fabrics! I only have so much that works and Im desparate to go get some clothes!

10. jrg9171

jrg9171 Well-Known Member

I stay home all day so I bought 2 pr of shorts between Penneys and Target and 2-3 shirts to wear at any given time. As I got bigger I just kept doing the same thing, only in bigger sizes as I needed it. Now that I'm down to just a few weeks left I have 1 pr of shorts and 2 shirts and that's it.
    I did start out in my husbands larger tshirts at first but that didn't last long at all.

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a dress which went to my knees which became a shirt by the end. :rotflmbo: I wore it with leggings- it was pretty comfortable.

12. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I wore tons of dresses when I taught school until 29 weeks, then it was out for the year. I went to Motherhood Maternity and shopped the clearance rack and got great deals and some pretty big stuff to last until the end.

13. PrincessHippie

PrincessHippie Active Member

Kohl's has Motherhood stuff for half price. AND we have a Clothes Mentor here (amazing!). It's like a Plato's Closet but for women. They buy/sell gently used clothes, including maternity. We have bought 95% of my maternity clothes there.