Maternity bras?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cheezewhiz24, Sep 26, 2011.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm a long way away from delivery, but my breasts are now too full for my old bras- plus they are underwire & cutting into me. So I've been looking around for maternity bras- I don't need nursing ones yet & I remember the nursing bras to be pretty flimsy. The problem is that I can't find a store to sell maternity bras. They sell nursing in abundance.

Is anybody wearing these & if so, where did you buy them?

TIA!

2. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I wore sports bras the whole time. I did buy one nursing bra that was so soft from pea in the pod. Expensive but worth it. It was the bra I wore when I had somewhere fancy to go to where I was not just in my house clothes! I still now where just sports bras and again I wear that nice one when I go somewhere where the outfit would be able to see the sports bra straps.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have a local specialty lingerie store that I love to shop at - their staff is amazing at fittings! I go in, tell them what I'm looking for & what my budget is. They bring me bras & help me try them on & fit them. :good: Anyway, all that to say, after my bra extenders were stretched well past their maximum, I realized I needed to actually get some new bras for the remainder of my pregnancy. I ended up just buying a couple of wireless bras - they aren't as supportive as underwire (although they're still pretty good) but they are super, super comfy. I spent about $80/bra (which is cheap for me - it's really hard to find bras in my size that don't cost an arm & a leg).

4. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I also switched to sports bras. I liked the pretty supportive ones you can get for running.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

With the twins I went with sports bras all the way. This time I just bought a couple regular bras in a bigger size. Got them on sale at Kohl's.

6. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I bought my regular bras in a bigger size. I am large chested and needed the support. Medela nursing bras are very sturdy though and I did get one of those to wear in my 3rd tri. This time I found a great nursing bra at Motherhood Maternity that is stretchy and styled like a sports bra. I wouldn't wear it in public but SO comfy to wear around the house.