matching nursery furniture or not? pictures anybody?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by alexafaeh, Oct 31, 2007.

1. alexafaeh

alexafaeh Well-Known Member

hi all....

DH and are starting to pick out furniture for nursery, we have a set we could buy on craigslist of a dresser (also used as changing table -flat top) and a changing table in a dark brown/red wood.

I thought it would be kinda nice have the boy in the dark one and then have a white crib for the girl...also there will be a great white shelf unit, pretty tall, also with optional changing table, very useful for putting in baskets of things...etc., so that one I would get in white too...
    both, dresser and tall shelves unit is great usable in toddler/kids room later on.

just wondering if other moms have non matching items and if anybody has pictures to share? not sure if it would look good.....we're buying all used on craigslist, so matching is harder as you can't get it all in one set.

thanks!
    alexa

2. ceej8670

ceej8670 Member

QUOTE(alexafaeh @ Oct 31 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]476201[/snapback]
    hi all....

DH and are starting to pick out furniture for nursery, we have a set we could buy on craigslist of a dresser (also used as changing table -flat top) and a changing table in a dark brown/red wood.

I thought it would be kinda nice have the boy in the dark one and then have a white crib for the girl...also there will be a great white shelf unit, pretty tall, also with optional changing table, very useful for putting in baskets of things...etc., so that one I would get in white too...
    both, dresser and tall shelves unit is great usable in toddler/kids room later on.

just wondering if other moms have non matching items and if anybody has pictures to share? not sure if it would look good.....we're buying all used on craigslist, so matching is harder as you can't get it all in one set.

thanks!
    alexa

We are having a white crib with our light wood set from DD. I would have loved to have matching cribs, but I couldn't justify the $$ for a new crib when I can borrow one from my sister! I think the non matching will be fine!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours did not match and I really didn't care. I was not going to go out and buy 2 matching sets when we already had one from our oldest DD. Trevor had the set we used with Caroline and Emilie had a set we got from a friend. So they were different colors. It looked fine. We knew we would be moving them to separate rooms at some point and did at 7 months.

4. heattim5

heattim5 Well-Known Member

We went with both light wood sets. We figured they don't HAVE to match since they are 2 seperate people. Even if they are twins they are there own person. We have 2 outfits that match, So I would go with what ever looks good together. If I get a chance I will get pictures of my nursery. The only thing the same is the dressers but that is because we bought them at Value City Dept Store. And since we already have 3 boys money is tight.

Good Luck!

5. asahlin

asahlin Well-Known Member

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twinsylvania April @ Nov 2 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]478116[/snapback]
    well the cribs match because we couldn't agree on a second wood color and we both love cherry. Our dresser we just ordered will be walnut so it isn't going to match, but it was on sale! here are the links to the cribs, the bedding obviously doesn't match.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/as...preggers003.jpg
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m217/as...preggers002.jpg

we have the same cribs! (in espresso) i love them!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I had a white set for my first (crib, changing table and an armoir) and we found out about the twins I just bought an additional white crib at IKEA for $100 figuring I was done with kids anyway. It looks cute. I bought them both their own low book case, lamp, name letters, etc. so we have a blue and a pink side. That way they can take their things when they get their own rooms (which is soon!!!).

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/fran...twinroom002.jpg

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g37/fran...twinroom001.jpg