Make Sure your Carseats are Properly Installed

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by aandax246, Dec 12, 2007.

1. aandax246

aandax246 Well-Known Member

A four month old baby girl died yesterday near our home. Her mother was driving and involved in an accident. The only fatality was the infant. She was buckled in her seat belt correctly, but the seat itself was not properly installed in the vehicle. The seat was ejected from the car with the infant still buckled in. What a tragedy.

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

That is horrible! :cray:

I always try to install mine according to directions and how its suppose to be.

3. Irish38

Irish38 Well-Known Member

How terrible. Thank you for the reminder. It doesn't hurt to have the fire dept double-check, now I think I will do that.

4. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

That is just heartbreaking. Thank you for the reminder!

5. sarat

sarat Active Member

The store we bought ours at has a certified installer that checked ours over. There's also many different organizations around my area that organize safety checks.

6. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

Okay I'm terrified now. Where can you go to just have them checked? And what about the SnugRides? When we ride with my mother we don't take the bases and it feels loose.

7. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I had the police station install my infant seats and the seats they are in now. I cant remember exactly but I think they have to go through 40 hours of training. I could never trust myself or dh to do it. My sisters and mom also go to the fire station or police station.

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Very sad, but a good reminder why it is so important to have the seats properly installed. We have always had all of our installed by the fire station.