Major breakdown today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2008.

1. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I want to start out by saying that I am so grateful that my babies appear to be healthy, I have made it this far, and my husband is home with us. BUT... about a week ago I started swelling and now feel like an elephant. My legs and feet are enormous, and I am so uncomfortable. My BP is up and I have to have daily checks.

Last week my Baby b decided to switch from her wonderful head down position to transverse, and is wedged under my rib cage. Not only does it hurt like ****, but I am freaking out over the fact that she most likely won't turn back down. :angry:

I have been contracting for quite a few days now, and really thought last night was it. They were getting stronger and more regular, but when I went for my NST today they said the real ones were still irregular and pretty spaced out, and that the rest of what I was feeling was irritability. My gosh, I can't even eat or sleep I am so uncomfortable.

I left the hospital after my BPP and NST and cried for at least an hour. I guess mostly because I don't want a c-section and it was confirmed that B is still transverse. But it was also in part because I feel so out of touch with what is going on with my body. One minute I think I am in labor, the next that my water may have broken... In the end, it is always just me being a freak! And I already have three kids! I hope a lot of this is just my hormones going nuts.

Is anyone else feeling as crazy/confused as I am? :eek:

2. Tracy-mom to twin boys

Tracy-mom to twin boys Well-Known Member

I know that uncomfortable feeling- I remember it well. You may not need a section-even if baby b is transverse. Is Baby A head down? If so once A is born B may turn. Well- hang in there and no matter how they come out may you all be healthy and happy!!!!! Best of luck!

Tracy
    Mom to Griffin & Alex :itwins_boys:
    03/14/02

3. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: You are almost done!!! I remember feeling that way at the end. I was just wanting to be done! And you almost are!!! You are in the home stretch. Are you going to attempt a vag. and hope b turns and follows? That's what I did, and b followed like he was supposed to. Or are you just going with the c? Because either way, you'll be just fine!!! And then you'll take those sweet little healthy babies home with you. Hormones bite!! Hang in there.

4. lisaessman@verizon.net

My OB does not deliver breech babies vaginally- he considers it too risky. So, I guess I will be sectioned if she doesn't turn.

Thanks for responding and making me feel a bit more normal! I appreciate it :)

5. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

:hug99: lots of hugs for you! it wont be much longer. you can do it mama!

6. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

You are so close to the end!

I remember the last two weeks for me I felt like I had elephant legs....I had no ankles and the water retension was awful. Hang in there, you are doing a great job. I hope baby b turns around for you! I know that my doctor was not concerned for baby b position, he just focused on baby A's postion, as baby can turn.

:hug99:

7. nickys88

nickys88 Well-Known Member

Oh I feel for you....Try not to be so hard on yourself - you have done an amazing job so far..... and I know it is so awful feeling like you don't have any control over anything....

Just try to go with the flow - your little bundles will be here much sooner than later.

You are in my thoughts.

8. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

It's tough. I hate that fact that it seems labor is continuely starting and stopping. Hang in there it could be any day now.

9. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Although it is tough you wont remember this in a few days time. hang in there the end is a reality now. Good Luck

10. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

Now having had three already you should know that this emotional stage is the first part of labor. :p "AAAAAA, these babies are never going to come out!!!!!!" Trouble is, sometimes it's a really long first stage. ;-) Hope to hear good news soon!

11. theklafkas

theklafkas Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about feeling nuts! I will be 20 weeks on Friday and I lost Baylee and Addison at 21 weeks so every pain or sneeze I think something is wrong! I guess better safe than sorry but it doesn't make me feel any less paranoid!!!!!! :hug99:

12. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Hang in there. You are doing wonderful. Those babies will be in your arms any day now. You can do it!

Turn baby girl!.. Turn!

13. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

Hang in there - you're almost there! I completely recall feeling the same way - you're not alone. :love0028:

14. chocomilko

chocomilko Well-Known Member

My DD was breech the entire pregnancy, and never budged. I tried to turn her and when that didn't work I delivered her breech! You can do it, you don't have to opt for the c-section. It is possible to still have your baby regardless of the fact that they are not in the head down position. Stay positive, you are doing GREAT. Soon you will hold them in your arms. No matter how they get here, get ready for your beautiful babies!!!!

15. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

I have started swelling really bad this week too, I know what you are talking about. I can't bend my fingers or toes and my legs ache. My babies are both breech still, it is so frustrating. My dr would deliver vaginally if A would turn, but that hasn't happened. I remember the last month of my other two preganancies being so uncomfortable and how impatient I was. It was not anything like this one but it is still similar. You are normal and it will be over soon. Go give your DH a hug, that always makes me feel better. I hope you feel better soon, you are so close now.

Jen

16. lisaessman@verizon.net

QUOTE(strongmommymolly @ Apr 2 2008, 08:36 AM) [snapback]700554[/snapback]
    I know what you mean about feeling nuts! I will be 20 weeks on Friday and I lost Baylee and Addison at 21 weeks so every pain or sneeze I think something is wrong! I guess better safe than sorry but it doesn't make me feel any less paranoid!!!!!! :hug99:

You have a valid excuse for feeling nuts. I think anyone would be paranoid. :hug99: Lisa

17. lisaessman@verizon.net

Thanks everyone for being my cheerleaders. I feel better today. We actually accomplished a lot that needed to get done before the babies arrive. Hopefully I can finish up tomorrow... :)

18. Queen of Carrots

Queen of Carrots Well-Known Member

QUOTE(5girlies @ Apr 2 2008, 09:58 PM) [snapback]702032[/snapback]
    Thanks everyone for being my cheerleaders. I feel better today. We actually accomplished a lot that needed to get done before the babies arrive. Hopefully I can finish up tomorrow... :)

Oooh! Oooh! See, nesting! Almost here! ;)

19. lisaessman@verizon.net

Yay! I had the best appointment ever today. Seriously, I would jump up and down if I felt that I were physically able to do so! My BP is high, but consistent, and no protein in my urine. My OB said that despite the fact that Baby B is transverse we can still have a vaginal delivery! He said if she turns to a full breech after delivering Baby A then he will probably take her with a c-section. I don't care. I am thrilled at the prospect of another vaginal birth. Yippee... :D