Magic Mike

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Well ladies I have a feeling this is going to be an Academy Award winning movie. We are going for a girls night to check this out. Anyone else have plans?

1 person likes this.
  2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I plan to go see it with girlfriends, although I don't have a date night set yet. It's going to be cocktails and... snort. Sorry! Drinks and... giggle.

Alcohol and nearly naked men. A very good thing!

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I'm actually quite bothered by this movie. I haven't seen it but have seen the ads. My biggest concern is that the impression I get from the ads, and from watching Channing Tatum be interviewed is that this is a big lark and that guys get into this kind of job as kind of a wild and funny thing to do because they're young and that it's really no big deal. However, I believe that most women who are in this industry are there more because they don't feel they have many other choices. I'm not an expert, but this is how it seems to me. And then those vulnerable women are definitely in a position to be even more exploited and taken advantage of. So my biggest problem with the movie is that it may somehow give more credence to the entire industry, in the end hurting women more.

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think I'm going to see it tomorrow night.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Ditto. :spiteful: I'm going with friends tomorrow night.

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I live under a rock. I've only heard about the movie via here and FB.

Now to look for my friend Google...

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm going with a girlfriend next weekend. Hopefully it'll be in 3D. :cool:

2 people like this.
  8. MichelleL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: biggest laugh today!!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is awesome.

10. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

:rofl: Now that would be . . . interesting!

1 person likes this.
  11. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My best friend and our coworker are goinf to warren's directors suite. Reclining heateed chairs and adult drinks ;)

12. Katheros

I told my friend that I was hoping it was in 3D and she said "and on an Imax screen! Think how large their bulges will be!" :eek: :rotflmbo:

1 person likes this.
  13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Maybe going next week with some mommy friends, I know 2 of us are going for sure gonna see who we can convince to come with us ;)

14. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm planning on seeing it.

Maybe do my own double feature and watch The Full Monty at home. Granted, not the same body types but I love those guys too.

2 people like this.
  15. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Me and my BF are planning on seeing it July 15.
    I was trying to get DH to go with me to see it but he was like :escape: No way. I cannot imagine why. :laughing:

16. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

Oh YEAH!!!

I want to go see it, but I have the girls tonight.....Don't think that's appropriate movie viewing for them. LOL!

Drooooollllll....................... That might just be a fun girls night out!

Damn I've been single WAY too long.

17. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

I'm anxious to hear what people think about this movie- did anyone see it last night?

18. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

DH & I watched Channing Tatum on Jimmy Fallon last night and due to it being critically acclaimed (& being directed by Steven Sodorberg) DH wants to see it, maybe. LOL!

19. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Is there a plot?

Is a plot even needed?

1 person likes this.
  20. Chrissy Nelson

I believe it is a love story. I read a review on line it was so beefy and cheesey it should be sold at Taco Bell. LOL

21. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

It had a decent plot line for all that beefcake. It is a romance though slightly messed up so more realistic. It was a good movie. My friend actually said shed have liked less story line! It was a fun girls night out movie. I wouldn't be surprised if it wins some awards.

22. MichelleL

I was thinking the same about the storyline. :lol: More beefcake please!!

I loved it! I wanted to hop a plane to Tampa to find a club like it. :spiteful: I went with 3 other girls who enjoyed it also. I definitely had the most fun. :D

23. Mama_Kim

Why am I NOT surprised? :rofl:

24. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, it's not set in Tampa is it?

ETA: I can assure you, there are no guys that look like that in Tampa. The male strip clubs are full of skeevy sleasy greasy guys.

25. MichelleL

Yes, it is!!

Oooh, good to know!!!

26. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Tatum stripped in tampa probably while you were down there Bex. You should have looked harder. :p

27. Katheros

I've been to strip clubs in New Orleans and the guys were good looking.

And by "strip clubs" I mean book club, of course.

1 person likes this.
  28. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Channing Tatum is a pretty, pretty man.

Just back and enjoyed the story too. Fairly predictable but for what it was it was good.

29. MichelleL

:blush: :spiteful:

I wasn't a huge fan of Channing's until this movie. I became a fan not only because of his moves :faint: :faint: :faint: but because I thought he did a really great job!

30. MommyMelissaReturns

MommyMelissaReturns Well-Known Member

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my DH lets me go tonight with my daughter and her friend....... :silly:

I've only watched the trailers a few......thousand times.....LOL, (not really, but like 10 times) :woo:

31. Chrissy Nelson

This movie was AMAZING!!! First off I think Tatum's face is slightly wack but man that guy can move. Not only can he move he is like a ballerina gliding across the stage. Matthew is not as cute as he used ot be but that man does not have one flaw on his body. That Tarzan guy cracked me up. Now Joe Manganiello is my cup of tea, WOW!!

OI do have to say I am surprised that the movie was actually good and got so deep.

1 person likes this.
  32. Mama_Kim

He is. Have you seen The Vow? Good movie.

I really want to see Joe Mangianello (sp?) . Now he is really hot!

33. Mama_Kim

My boss and his wife saw it. He's a big film studies guy (was his previous life) and he said it was really good. He even thought potential Oscar nominations.

34. Chrissy Nelson

I think the previews made it look like a full on stripper movie and not a real movie.

35. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Saw it tonight! It was funny and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)