Loved the MOM sale

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I went to the Twin Cities to go to the Mothers of Multiples sale this weekend. I had so much fun. I bought a bunch of stuff to give the girls for their first birthday (Dec. 23) and Christmas. Is it bad to give your kids used toys as gifts? I also bought several things that they'll need to grow into. Anyway, I got a LeapFrog Learning Table, 2 Bounce and Spin Zebras, several riding and walking toys for the spring, two radio flyer trikes, tons of smaller toys, and a bunch of clothes. I was seriously concerned that we weren't going to be able to fit all the stuff, plus the two babies and the two dogs into the van for the ride home. :) I only spent $119 for all that stuff! I can't wait for the spring sale.

2. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

I went to a moms of multiples sale before I had the babies. I got just about everything I needed there. Well, not everything, but A LOT. They are great. I bought swings and bouncy chairs. I just made sure I washed and sanitized them well before we used them.

3. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

WOW, great deal for all that stuff. Nothing wrong with buying used stuff!

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

This is good to know! My club's is in 2 weeks and I'm actually selling there too... I just have so many clothes!!! Hopefully I can sell enough stuff so that I don't end up with a money loss in the end... Oh and I got them toys already for Christmas and even their birthday (too good a deal to pass up), and everything's used also. They won't see the difference!

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

That's great Beth. We have our sale next weekend. I cant wait.

6. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

I bought almost all of my twins clothes at our sale. A lot of it was never used. We have enough clothes for them until the 9 month sizes!! You can really get some good bargains. I will be selling at ours in the spring.

7. cole715

cole715 Well-Known Member

I love the MOMS sale. I went to my first one a few weeks ago and did so well. I am looking forward to our spring one.

8. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

WOW, that's amazing!

Question--Where can we find out if these MOMS local to us? I live in Los Angeles...is their a website?

9. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Great deals - I am so jealous - they don't sell used stuff over here where I live, and I use to love going to the MOM sales! Oh well! And, there is nothing wrong with giving kids used toys - I think its a great idea, and they won"t know the difference!

10. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(amelowe9 @ Sep 29 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]1002301[/snapback]
    WOW, that's amazing!

Question--Where can we find out if these MOMS local to us? I live in Los Angeles...is their a website?

Just google it and it will take you to a page that lists the regional ones.

11. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

Our sale was this past weekend and I sold some things, bought some things, and worked at it. It's huge and they have so many great things there. I got a single McLaren stroller for $15. All it needed was a good washing. You can't beat that.