Lost Mucus Plug!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lemongrrl53, Jun 1, 2007.

1. lemongrrl53

lemongrrl53 Well-Known Member

I went to the bathroom a couple hours ago and there was a nice chunk of it- sorry TMI. I donw know if it was ALL of it or part of it, how the heck would I know how big the thing is?? Anyways I freaked out and called the clinic, they said losing that isnt enough to come in, but I need to pay more attention to contractions, etc. Im curious if there is anyone out there who lost there's and still didnt delivere for a few more weeks- I want to make it to 36! Thanks!

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

As I recall from my time in expecting, there were people who lost all or part that kept the babies in for weeks still!! Time to take it a little easy, however, just to be safe! You really really really want to keep them in as long as possible. I had mine at 36 weeks 2 days and one of them had 11 days in the NICU and one came home with us. (FYI)

Hang in there!! I know it's super hard right now, but you'll do just fine if you take care of yourself and be a little selfish with the naps and lying down!

3. lemongrrl53

lemongrrl53 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Jun 1 2007, 04:23 PM) [snapback]276123[/snapback]
    As I recall from my time in expecting, there were people who lost all or part that kept the babies in for weeks still!! Time to take it a little easy, however, just to be safe! You really really really want to keep them in as long as possible. I had mine at 36 weeks 2 days and one of them had 11 days in the NICU and one came home with us. (FYI)

Hang in there!! I know it's super hard right now, but you'll do just fine if you take care of yourself and be a little selfish with the naps and lying down!

Thank you! I am definately planning to take it more easy. The nurse I spoke to wasnt to concerned b/c I had a negative FFN last week, but like I said Im going to really try and rest a lot and hopefully when I go back to the doc next friday things will look ok. Its just nerve wracking to go to the bathroom and look down and see that this early!

4. mel_michigan

mel_michigan Well-Known Member

Sorry, I went into labor within 2 days of loosing my mucus plug with my first pregnancy. But , it was my first pregnancy, I was further along, and I had been working up until that day. I would definately recommend taking it easy and drinking lots of water to help prevent/decrease contractions. Many women go weeks after loosing their mucous plug. It is an early sign that alone isn't very accurate in determining when labor will start. With twins their is so much added pressure down there it's very common to loose your mucous plug early and even dilate prior to labor. I was 2cm dilated for two weeks before I had my twins and wasn't in labor when I had them! Stay positive and pamper yourself!

5. Lcoots

Lcoots Well-Known Member

YOur plug will regenerate if you don't go into labor. And since your not having contrx right now I would say your ok..Just put your feet up for the next few days and take it easy. But yes you need to watch for any contrx or bloody discharge...keep us posted

6. BDFDGirl (Heather)

BDFDGirl (Heather) Well-Known Member

I never knew when I lost my plug with my son. I am jealous of people that actually know that they've lost it!!! I have never payed so much attention to what goes on in the toilet and on the paper ever!!!

7. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Rachel, I hope everything is ok. PM me if you get a chance.

8. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

I lost mine over the course of a couple weeks. I won't repeat all the previous posts but definitely agree with resting as much as possible, stay off your feet and drink more water than you think you can stomach!

9. heathadav

heathadav Member

With my daughter (a singleton) I lost my plug six weeks before I delivered her, although my contractions gradually increased after losing it.