Lost Mucus Plug

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kaelan, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

Lost the plug when i peed this morning. Have been having slight cramping since, but not bad. Was already effaced and dialated to 1-2 a week ago. What to expect now?

37W2D mono/di boys

2. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Only time will tell. I've heard stories where women go right in, others where it is still a waiting game. I would make sure your bag is packed and you are ready because I don't think you have much longer to wait. Congrats :)

3. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

I lost my plug at 36weeks and had my daughter 2 weeks later. Congrats and KUP.

4. h2believe

h2believe Well-Known Member

I lost my plug and had my girl 4 hours later. Sounds like it varies from person to person! Lots of luck to you!!!

5. Natalochka

Natalochka Well-Known Member

I lost mine at 32 weeks, and had the girls at 37 weeks 6 days!

6. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

I lost mine after a check up. At the time I was 3 cm dialated and about 35.5 weeks along. I was induced two weeks later at 37.5 weeks. I don't know how long I would have lasted without an induction! Losing your plug means things are moving...but it could still be up to 3 weeks, I think. Good luck! Keep us posted!

7. melissa26

melissa26 Well-Known Member

with my first one I lost it 5 weeks before i had her. with the twins i never did and was 4.5 cm when i was induced at 36 weeks 5 days

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I lost mine and had the boys 3 days later. I was only 32 weeks when I lost it. I went in to make sure nothing was wrong, and I think the examine sped up the labor a little. I didn't even know I was having contractions at the time, but they were there! I agree to have your bag packed! :)

9. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

LOL...look at all those different answers. Well, regardless, you know there is an end in sight! :yahoo: You are almost there! Good luck!

10. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you have to look at more than just losing the mucus plug. If you lost the mucus plug, feel fine and no cramping or anything, it may not mean much just yet. If you are feeling some crampy feeling along with it.....maybe....that means more???
    I lost mine with one of my singletons at 35w3d and my water broke a couple days later and I had him. I never noticed it with the twins and I was 5cm by the time I got to the hospital. I think I probably lost it but I was so big I couldn't see down there to tell what was coming out of me :)