Loose poops

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Moodyzblu, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Jayden cant stop pooping .. he has bad diarrhea and has gone like 5-6 times in the past hour. I feel so bad for him .. but I dont know if there is anything I can do to help it stop. This never happens to him .. but since he had that stomach flu a few weeks ago he's been getting all kinds of illnesses.

I need suggestions .. I feel so clueless !

2. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

I know your LO is older, but the MD just told us to do the bratt diet of only banana's,rice,toast,crackers and pedialyte...
    good luck!

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

QUOTE(1stTimeMom26 @ Feb 24 2009, 06:03 PM) [snapback]1204019[/snapback]
    I know your LO is older, but the MD just told us to do the bratt diet of only banana's,rice,toast,crackers and pedialyte...
    good luck!

We are also a bit younger here as well, but our Pedi recommended the same thing! I hope he is feeling better soon!

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I would try Pepto and Bananas and Cheese!! Binding foods! Also, pectin is binding but there's NO way to say how much to use.... :(

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was going to say Cheese. I would also try toast maybe? I hope the little guy is feeling better.

6. Zabeta

Zabeta Well-Known Member

Oh, poor little guy!

I was also going to say the BRAT diet - our nanny makes the boys rice cooked with cinnamon and a little sugar, which is what they give for diarrhea in her home country. And make sure to replace all the fluids he's losing.

Also, you might try some yogurt with live cultures (check the label, or get it from a natural food store). If he's had tummy trouble since his stomach flu, it might be that his gut is all out of whack.

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Definitely the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. No milk, only water or Pedialyte/watered down Gatorade.

8. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Apples and applesauce always cause constipation for my son... so if I were in that situation, I would definitely go heavy on the apples! The BRAT diet mentioned above is a good suggestion. :)

9. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

BRAT diet here - hope he firms up soon poor guy.