Loose poops

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by krisdeb04, Jun 26, 2009.

1. krisdeb04

krisdeb04 Well-Known Member

My DD has had 3 loose poops in the past 2 hours! (and she's going again as I type this!) Explosions!! They run out of her diaper everytime!! And she is screaming while she does it!!! We haven't added anything new to her diet or changed it in anyway......is this normal at all???

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls have had blow outs before. If it continues and seems like it's painful for her I'd call your pedi and they will give you some suggestions on how to firm her poop up. I don't know if you are BF or FF, but I seem to remember dark karo syrup as one remedy for loose poop. The good news is my pedi says that a baby is highly unlikely to dehdrate from loose poop, dehydration is usually caused by vomiting.

3. krisdeb04

krisdeb04 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks.....I heard that the dark Kayro syrup works as well. She went to sleep now, so I'm hoping that maybe she just needed to get it all out and she's done now. I BF & supplement with Nutramegen per pedi gastroenetrologists suggestion. She's had blow outs before but never this many, so close together!

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hopefully it won't continue, occasionally it does happen. I can remember those blow-outs, YUCK! If it continues that often, I would get her checked, she could possibly have a bit of a virus.

5. atina

atina Well-Known Member

I don't think it's normal. One of my twins had diarrhea which was due to cold, the ped prescribed him an anti diarrhea formula and pedialight. this helped to stop the diarrhea.

I think you should check with the ped asap to get his/her advice.

Good luck

6. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

my girls are on nutramagin as well and they have 2-3 blowouts a day. that formula makes their poops really loose and watery. it's completely normal. i would say if she is in pain (grunting is normal when they poop) and she is poop a lot within the hour then you should call the ped.

7. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How is she doing today?