Looking for a good push toy to help them walk

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Brenda65, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Brenda65

Brenda65 Well-Known Member

I want to buy my twins some push toys or ride on toys that will also help them learn to walk. I was looking at a little tikes push car that seemed to get good reviews but I've been having trouble finding it in the stores.
    Which ones do or did your twins use? Did they like it and did it help them learn to walk?

2. Brenda65

Brenda65 Well-Known Member

I want to buy my twins some push toys or ride on toys that will also help them learn to walk. I was looking at a little tikes push car that seemed to get good reviews but I've been having trouble finding it in the stores.
    Which ones do or did your twins use? Did they like it and did it help them learn to walk?

3. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

When my girls were learning to walk they had a Fisher-Price push toy that was also a shape sorter. It had the same shape as those little toy lawn mowers but it had the sorter. They also had two ride on cars that we kept outside that had a handle on the back that they could also push. They also had something like this which they liked. But, when my girls had it it had a basketball hoop on the front.

4. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We had the FP Stride to Ride that starts out as a push toy and turns into a ride on. Mine loved it!

5. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

My girls have what melissao and michelle mentioned! They love them- and I don't think they are that pricey for the amount of time my girls spend with them. They have a shape sorter on the front of them, cute tunes and music, and learning part, and you can walk with or ride on.

6. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

quote:
    We had the FP Stride to Ride that starts out as a push toy and turns into a ride on. Mine loved it!

We have these, too. Now that they are older they use the ride-on all the time. The price isn't too bad.

7. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

We have this one from fisher price.. they LOVE it. Even now that they walk, they still will grab it to get some place faster:

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=234...liant&pid=17813

We had originally bought this heavy wooden one, but it was too big to navigate our apt with. The fisher price one is great. You can even take it to the park.

[​IMG]
    Stacy

8. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls have this one. I've seen it for sale cheaper at toys r us. It's light weight and Jess can turn it easily on her own. She walks very fast with it and can almost run with it but still doesn't walk. [​IMG]

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We have four -- all hand-me-downs or acquired at yard sales.

We have one like the one Stacy posted (although not quite as fancy).

We have one very simple one -- it's meant to be a ride-on, but they push it by the handle. It's a favorite because it is small and lightweight. The girls are on the short side for their age, so their feet don't reach the ground on the larger toys, but on this one they do.

And we have a couple that are sort of in between. I think it doesn't really matter -- whatever you have, they will find a way to use it!

10. burgybabies

burgybabies Well-Known Member

We were given a Leapfrog Walker as a gift. My kids love it! Although, the batteries have since run out and I'm glad. (Not replacing them anytime soon [​IMG]) The kids still love it whether or not it makes noise. It gets pushed from the front too. My oldest DD still runs around with it and now it has become her "vacuum" [​IMG] when I vacuum.

11. jultaria

jultaria Well-Known Member

We have the Fisher Price Musical Activity Walker that StacyAnn posted. We also have the Playskool Step Start Walk N Ride...it converts into something to ride on...

I think the Fisher Price is sturdier..the Playskool is taller and tips over with them a lot and when I sit them on it to ride their hiney is on the roller ball so they're almost too big for it.