Looking At Friend's Ultrasound...? About It

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twocortwort7, Apr 2, 2007.

1. twocortwort7

twocortwort7 Active Member

As you can see in my siggy, the picture of my friend's twins....the one on the lower right hand side...the sac looks huge compared to the other twin. My friend said the doctor is worried about this twin, could it be the triplet she lost absorbed into that sac or could it be there's another baby?

I attached the picture also for you all to see. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars

Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars Well-Known Member

It definitly seems like the one sac is bigger than the other, but this could be do to the angle that the picture was taken. Sure I think the Dr. should look into it if it seems abnormal. I don't know what to say really.....I know that mine sometimes looked different depending on the angle, and my twins are now measuring the same size. Hopefully they go by the measurements and not from the picture.

Keep us updated on this......

Juli

3. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

I agree...it could just be the angle. I've seen lots of twin u/s pics like that and mine have looked different depending on the angle, etc. Are the babies measuring about the same size? I would think that's more important.

4. twocortwort7

twocortwort7 Active Member

I am not sure on the measurement thing....I think she has an appointment today...I will ask her about it. She was posting on here, but I haven't talked to her all weekend and so I don't think she knows about the site change.

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

My twins have consistently measured different sizes from 7 weeks on. Is it possible, one baby is just larger? I hope everything turns out okay for her!

6. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

You really can't say if one baby is larger than another just by looking at one u/s picture. It takes detailed measurements of both sacs and both babies to make any comparitive analysis. If you look at our early u/s pics, one sac looks normal and the other sac looks empty. It just has to do with the angle that the pic was taken.

I am assuming that if the doctor is concerned, then he has done extensive measurements on both sacs? My babies were always different sizes, and my doctor was never too concerned.