Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by stefwebb, Nov 21, 2008.

1. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

Our boys are turning one in 2 weeks. This swingset looks a little old for them, but my mom wants to do a big Christmas (last one before they retire) and this seems to be the smallest "big" swingset we could find. The reviews make it seem like it would be ok from now until they are ready for an actual big swingset in a couple of years. We would get toddler swings, but my concern is the rope ladder and no rail around the playhouse part. So do any of you have this and do you think it will be OK from 1 yr to 3 or so?

Thanks!

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

My mom has one. It has held up well since we have had it for 6 years. The only thing I noticed is that it is fairly light so you have to really nail it into the ground. Otherwise when they really start swinging well, it will lift off the ground a bit. But that is the only drawback and you can fix that with metal stakes they sell at Home Depot.

3. stefwebb

Thank you for the info. That could be a problem since we live in sandy Florida. I'll pass it along to DH though.

4. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

we have one and love it! ours also has the bridge and second smaller slide
    that was good because it smaller and easier for them to climb on.
    when they were playing with it i would just be near them but they are very good in it.
    now that they are two they both can climb up the rope ladder and love it.
    Good Luck

5. mommycandi

mommycandi Well-Known Member

We have this one as well. My kiddos were playing in it since they were about 18 months. We always helped them up the ladder and stood right next to them when they climbed in the clubhouse part. Now that they are 2, they have no problem climbing up on their own. It isn't too light. We live on a hill and have incredible wind and the thing has never moved. there are no stakes on it. It will move a bit when both kids are swinging nice and high, but the way it is shaped, it won't tip over or anything. I am sure a few stakes in the groud would keep it from moving at all. It was a hnad me down from a neighbor and they had used it for years. I am sure the kids can play with it until 3 or 4.

6. stefwebb

Thank you all so much. We went ahead and got it today so we can have it put together by the time my mom gets here for their birthday. It was on sale today only so it was a quick decision, but with all your comments I feel good about it! Thanks.